1. Slow Motion Coffee – some cool slow motion pictures of a drop of cream going into coffee.
HT: Two Feathers
2. U.N.: Afghan Death sentence for journalist distributing an article with anit-Islam sentiment is “a possible misuse of the judicial process.” This is incredible. I thought the Taliban was gone. A death sentence should not be imposed simply because they say something (or in this case distribute something) negative about their belief system. Crazy.
HT: Hot Air
3. Check out a great commentary from Deacon Keith Fournier for Catholic Online: “Let Huckabee Speak, Let Huckabee Run… and check his pockets“
4. Senator Barack Obama was pretty funny on David Letterman.
5. To the right would be wonderful.! HT: Jungle Hut
6. Velvet Hammer wrote an interesting post on the “not-so-simple story of Barack Obama’s youth.
7. State of Union draws praise from some evangelicals.
8. Young evangelicals in Florida looking for a compassionate candidate.
9. Wrestling coach to resign over accusations he bit player. Strange, just strange.
11. Why did the Christian cross the road? Funny!
12. Sometimes we find ourselves so busy that we overlook people who are in need. Sam Rainer reminds us that Jesus stopped. He took time to meet both spiritual needs and physical needs.
13. Dan Kimball wrote about “The Importance of Definitions“
It seems that sometimes different people have different definitions of those words. Or the original definition of a term may have changed through time and one person is still are using it in the original way, while others are using it a different way. So you are having a conversation and assuming the other person believes the same thing you do about whatever term is being used, but you are actually talking about different things when asked to specifically define it. (read the rest)
14. CNN’s Senior Political Analyst, Bill Schneider, felt that Mike Huckabee won tonight’s debate.
Huckabee, I think, stood out in this debate as the one who made sense, talked as ordinary people do, and rose above politics. They may have scored. He connected. And that’s a problem for Romney, who would like to become the alternative to John McCain among conservatives who oppose the Arizona senator. But he has very tough competition from Huckabee, who’s forcing people to re-think his run at a time when he was supposed to be out of the game.
I felt like he wasn’t given nearly enough time what I was able to watch.
HT: Alex Harris
16. Elmo meets Emo picture – it made me laugh out loud.
HT: Stephen Murray
17. Michelle Malkin asks: How big is the House Democrat’s carbon footprint? Oh, the hypocrisy!
18. James MacDonald, pastor of Harvest Bible Church in the Chicago area writes about why he is not emerging.
19. Great evangelism resource – John Piper’s article “How Shall We Love Our Muslim Neighbor?”
20. From Pro-Life Blogs – “Senator Obama – Save the Horses, Ignore the Infants
Latest posts by Shane Vander Hart (see all)
- Pelosi Says God, Guns and Gays Keep White Males from Voting Clinton - July 29, 2016
- Grading the Presidential Candidates on Education Policy - July 28, 2016
- Donald Trump vs. Donald Trump on Minimum Wage - July 27, 2016