Was it the best speech? No, that isn’t his forte, but he does have a compelling story and I liked how he shared how he went from “Me First” to “Country First”. I also liked how he ended it. That had energy and was inspiring.
Interestingly he had more viewers for his speech than Barack Obama’s the week before. I don’t think anybody saw that coming.
He has also seen a healthy bounce after the convention. I believe much of this has to do with his pick of Governor Sarah Palin as a running mate, and possibly a backlash against the media attacks against her.
- The lastest CNN poll has McCain and Obama tied at 48% a piece.
- A USA Today/Gallup Poll has McCain up by 10 – 54 to 44. That seems too high to me.
- A Rasmussen tracking poll has McCain up by 1 – 48 to 47.
- A Gallup Tracking Poll has McCain up by 5 – 49 to 44.
Source: Real Clear Politics
Latest posts by Shane Vander Hart (see all)
- Brexit: A Victory for Decentralization - June 24, 2016
- Marco Rubio Changes His Mind About Reelection, and I’m Glad - June 23, 2016
- Loretta Lynch, Here Is The Motive for the Orlando Shooting - June 23, 2016