McCain Bounce and RNC Video

Here is a video of Senator John McCain’s acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention last week.

Was it the best speech?  No, that isn’t his forte, but he does have a compelling story and I liked how he shared how he went from “Me First” to “Country First”.  I also liked how he ended it.  That had energy and was inspiring.

Interestingly he had more viewers for his speech than Barack Obama’s the week before.  I don’t think anybody saw that coming.

He has also seen a healthy bounce after the convention.  I believe much of this has to do with his pick of Governor Sarah Palin as a running mate, and possibly a backlash against the media attacks against her.

Source: Real Clear Politics

Comments

I watched the speech live and wondered if he would include his failed suicide attempts as he told his POW story.. don’t blame him for not including but I think that it would convey how dark that time was for him.

This weekend’s unoffical Christianity Today poll had Obama up by a 2-1 margin.

[http://kansasbob.blogspot.com/2008/09/surprising-poll-results.html]

This weekend’s unoffical Christianity Today poll had Obama up by a 2-1 margin.

[http://kansasbob.blogspot.com/2008/09/surprising-poll-results.html]

This weekend’s unoffical Christianity Today poll had Obama up by a 2-1 margin.

[http://kansasbob.blogspot.com/2008/09/surprising-poll-results.html]

He has admitted to considering suicide in interviews – in particular in a recent CNN special on him. Nothing about him actually attempting.

I don’t think this bounce will last – it will even out, but I would trust Gallup & Rasmussen polls. The USA Today poll seems like too much of a margin.