Being the last “Twenty Items” before the election this is mostly political links. The next one I will try to have absolutely none. Perhaps focus on theology and apologetics.
1. If the following video won’t get you out to vote, I don’t know what will:
HT: Ericka Andersen
2. Voter perks – Starbucks offering a free cup of Joe (that is coffee, not the Plumber or the Vice Presidential candidate) after you vote on election day.
4. Confessions of an Obama blogger over at HillBuzz. Obviously can’t verify whether or not this person is actually an Obama blogger or not, but there is definitely a presence online with comments on blogs, YouTube, etc. Here’s an excerpt from that post.
The internal campaign idea is to twist, distort, humiliate and finally dispirit you.
We pay people and organize people to go to all the online sites and “play the part of a clinton or mccain supporter who just switched our support for obama”
We do this to stifle your motivation and to destroy your confidence.
We did this the whole primary and it worked.
Sprinkle in mass vote confusion and it becomes bewildering. Most people lose patience and just give up on their support of a candidate and decide to just block out tv, news, websites, etc.
This surprisingly has had a huge suppressing movement and vote turnout issues.
Next, we infiltrate all the blogs and all the youtube videos and overwhelm the voting, the comments, etc. All to continue this appearance of overwhelming world support.
People makes posts to the effect that the world has “gone mad”
Thats the intention. To make you feel stressed and crazy and feel like the world is ending.
5. Diplomacy via Facebook:
HT: Becky Hull
6. Reason #1065 why I homeschool – Kindergarten teacher in California passed out “gay pledge” cards to students. School’s mum on the matter.
Here’s a copy of the card:
7. Barack Obama’s less fortunate kin – K. Daniel Glover asks why isn’t Obama practicing what he preaches?
Back in August at the presidential candidate forum organized by Rick Warren of the Saddleback Church, Barack Obama said that America’s “greatest moral failure” during his lifetime has been its inattention to “the least of my brothers.” He specifically cited poverty as an issue that Americans have ignored by “not thinking about providing ladders of opportunity for people to get into the middle class.”
It was bad enough that Obama’s answer twisted the context of a passage in Matthew 25. Now comes word that he has been playing the hypocrite, too. Theaunt and uncle that Obama mentioned fondly in his memoir “Dreams From My Father” reportedly are living in squalor somewhere in Boston even as he chides “America” for not supporting its “brothers.”
8. Acton Institute’s Powerblog says that the 2001 Obama radio interview begs a question – Does wealth redistribution actually help the poor?
9. A 180 on Powell
10. Iowa Hawk’s insight into polls (warning some crude language).
11. Megyn Kelly is awesome, and I’m sure Bill Burton looks forward to the day he doesn’t have to be interviewed by her anymore. The 2001 radio interview was released, and the Obama’s campaign’s first reaction is to blame Fox News. Kelly takes him to task.
12. According to Ms. Magazine editor and Democrat, Elaine Lafferty, “Sarah’s a brainiac.”
HT: Jill Stanek
HT: The Point
14. Obama undertakes a Presidential Internship:
Obama Undertakes Presidential Internship To Ease Concerns About His Lack Of Experience
Made me laugh out loud.
15. Noah Webster on how to vote from his “Advice to the Young,” Chapter XIX of History of the United States written in 1833.
When you become entitled to exercise the right of voting for public officers, let it be impressed on your mind that God commands you to choose for rulers, “just men who will rule in the fear of God.” The preservation of a republican government depends on the faithful discharge of this Duty; if the citizens neglect their Duty and place unprincipled men in office, the government will soon be corrupted; laws will be made, not for the public good so much as for selfish or local purposes; corrupt or incompetent men will be appointed to execute the Laws; the public revenues will be squandered on unworthy men; and the rights of the citizen will be violated or disregarded. If a republican government fails to secure public prosperity and happiness, it must be because the citizens neglect the Divine Commands, and elect bad men to make and administer the Laws. Intriguing men can never safely be trusted.
HT: Del Tackett
16. I know some of you feel this way about voting, but get over it. As Crummy Church Signs puts it – you don’t risk contracting the West Nile virus.
17. The Founding Fathers on the redistributions of wealth. Here are a couple of quotes, be sure to read the rest.
“When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.”
“To take from one, because it is thought his own industry and that of his fathers has acquired too much, in order to spare to others, who, or whose fathers, have not exercised equal industry and skill, is to violate arbitrarily the first principle of association, the guarantee to everyone the free exercise of his industry and the fruits acquired by it.”
-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Joseph Milligan, April 6, 1816
James Madison, the Father of the Constitution, elaborated upon this limitation in a letter to James Robertson:
“With respect to the two words ‘general welfare,’ I have always regarded them as qualified by the detail of powers connected with them. To take them in a literal and unlimited sense would be a metamorphosis of the Constitution into a character which there is a host of proofs was not contemplated by its creators.”
18. Steve Laughlin writes an obituary for a friend… Common Sense.
19. This made me laugh out loud – a cartoon parodying the Joe the Plumber situation:
HT: Jungle Mom
20. There’s a protest going on at the L.A. Times – Free the tape! Free the tape! Would they honestly do this for any other candidate? Not likely. If this is nothing wouldn’t be better to just put it out there?
Photo is by Omri Ceren at Mere Rhetoric
Latest posts by Shane Vander Hart (see all)
- WHO TV Runs SPLC Propaganda As “News” - August 17, 2017
- Reynolds Wins Caffeinated Thoughts’ 2017 Iowa Republican Straw Poll - August 17, 2017
- President Obama, Love Is Not Natural - August 16, 2017