I just checked and the last Twenty Items post I did was back on 11/24/08. So much for doing them on a weekly basis. I’m pretty sure I’ve picked up some subscribers and readers since then so let me explain what this is.
These are items that catch my interest as I read that I think should catch yours. I hope. Maybe? Well anyway it is random miscellany of news, politics, theology, apologetics, life, links to interesting posts my friends have done, etc. Just a mish mash of stuff, so if this is your first time reading one of these posts – enjoy!
3. Obama Administration “prepared to talk to Hamas” – can anybody think of another administration have talks with a terrorist organization? Nope, because they don’t. So much for a foundational bedrock principle for how our government deals with terrorists. HT: Smart Girl Politics
6. What are you willing to give for a hope-n-change? President-Elect Obama on ABC’s “This Week with George Stephanopoulos:
“Everybody’s going to have to give… Everybody is going to have to have some skin in the game.”
HT: Amanda Carpenter
7. Apparently I’m a religious zealot who is more committed to tradition than sacred text (which I am not). Thank you Scot McKnight for your “evenhanded” comment regarding how N.T. Wright is straightening those who disagree with his position on justification out.
8. Theology – Calvin & Hobbes style – HT: Bill Kinnon
9. Great Commission Companies – somehow that seems to be an oxymoron, but apparently they do exist.
10. 30 Recession Surviving Dating Ideas – having no money is not an excuse not to date your spouse!
11. The 40 Most Obnoxious Quotes For 2008 – My “favorite”:
“I have to tell you, you know, it’s part of reporting this case, this election, the feeling most people get when they hear Barack Obama’s speech. My, I felt this thrill going up my leg.” — “Journalist” Chris Matthews
HT: Ft. Hard Knox
12. Got to love this media bias cartoon:
13. Thinking about full-time vocational ministry? You’d better go over and take the Stuff Christians Like self-evaluation first.
15. Steve Brown is excited about 2009, he may be the only one (just kidding).
17. Tim Challies – A Word about Free Will
18. Ever want to read through John Calvin’s Institutes of the Christian Religion in a year? I can’t say I’ve thought about doing that, but probably will give it a shot (by the way not to replace reading through the Bible in a year – that is far more important to do).
19. The Dead Theologians Society on Biblical (Mis)Interpretation.