1. President Bush’s press secretary, Dana Perino, was incredibly candid at a farewell breakfast with reporters.
3. Apparently Governor Sarah Palin’s approval rating is rebounding nationally.
Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA) was of course in favor of releasing the money. Placing his trust in President-Elect Obama to know how best to spend this money he said:
“I trust Barack Obama to make better decisions for the middle class in America than I do some of these highfalutin economic advisers he’s got around him.”
6. Michael Patton says that Christianity is not depend on it’s follower’s character witness.
Thankfully, God did not confine the validation of his message to the character witness of sinners. If he did, we are all in trouble. Why? Because your character is grossly lacking. The character of the Christian community is weak at best. The character of Christian leaders is shaky and brittle. The history of the church, no matter what tradition, does not have a pretty track record.
10. 2009 Pro-life Blog Award Winners – congratulations!
Best Overall Pro-Life Blog – Mommy Life
Best News and Reporting – Jivin Jehoshaphat
Pro-Life Unity Award – Causa Nostrae Laetitiae
Pro-Life Whistleblower Award – Catholic Fire
Best Pro-Life Apologetics – Mark’s Blog
Pro-Life Instigator Award for Activism – American Papist
11. Star Wars retold by someone who has never seen it. This video made me laugh out loud.
Star Wars: Retold (by someone who hasn’t seen it) from Joe Nicolosi on Vimeo
“The matter is quite simple. The Bible is very easy to understand. But we Christians are a bunch of scheming swindlers. We pretend to be unable to understand it because we know very well that the minute we understand we are obliged to act accordingly. Take any words in the New Testament and forget everything except pledging yourself to act accordingly. My God, you will say, if I do that my whole life will be ruined. How would I ever get on in the world? Herein lies the real place of Christian scholarship. Christian scholarship is the Church’s prodigious invention to defend itself against the Bible, to ensure that we can continue to be good Christians without the Bible coming too close. Oh, priceless scholarship, what would we do without you? Dreadful it is to fall into the hands of the living God. Yes, it is even dreadful to be alone with the New Testament.”
18. George Will – “The Unconstitutional Constitution“
19. Joe Carter – journalists are turning from watchdogs into lapdogs.
20. I wonder if this isn’t what I look like sometimes.
HT: The Jungle Hut
Latest posts by Shane Vander Hart (see all)
- The Des Moines Register Wants “May Issue” Carry Permits to Return to Iowa - April 26, 2018
- How Bad Is The Gender Gap in K-12 Education? - April 25, 2018
- Lots of Dads Find This Prom Picture Humorous - April 23, 2018