1. Governor Sarah Palin’s Lincoln Day Dinner Speech in Anchorage on 3/20/09 – Parts 1-12. In part 7 she pretty much says she’s running for reelection in 2010.
HT: Josh Painter
- Also John Ziegler’s post on how Palin proves she’s no George W. Bush.
Conservatives 4 Palin responds to a controversy that was stirred over her prayer story (which was ridiculous, but mainstream media doesn’t have anything better to do).
2. The socialist empire strikes back? I couldn’t resist.
HT: Political Jules
4. A recent Barna Group survey shows how liberals and conservatives differ on matters of faith.
6. Humility Test – FAIL
HT: Out of Ur
7. Is your church’s praise band lip synching? Maybe they do it better than this band.
I see a country song developing here… (Imagine “Mommas Don’t Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys”) “Pastors, don’t let your worship leaders act like rock stars.” It works.
8. Mark Driscoll discovers the Old “New Calvinists” in the “Long Live the Dead Guys” week: Athanasius on Theology, Augustine on Theology, John Calvin on Theology, Martin Luther on the Cross, Jonathan Edwards on the Holy Spirit, Martin Lloyd-Jones on the Holy Spirit, The Protestant Reformers on the Church, The Puritans on the Church, George Whitefield on Evangelism, David Brainerd on Evangelism, Charles Haddon Spurgeon on Bible Teaching, John Calvin on Missiology & Church Planting
In an age when a waiter is a server, an actress is a female actor, and a dubiously-competent socialist cult leader is an American president, it was only a matter of time before the “Global War on Terror” became an “Overseas Contingency Operation” (OCO). Thus Spoke Zarathustra this week via a memo sent to the Pentagon and select speech writers, officially establishing Team Obama’s redesigned terminology. The War is over, long live the Operation! This should show the road-side bombers, suicide bombers, bombers-in-burqas, snipers-for-Allah, and other assorted, blood-thirsty, Jihadist savages that the US really means business now. Victory through euphemism!
10. The left has found another favorite target – Congresswoman Michele Bachmann. She must be doing something incredibly right. A new disorder? BDS – Bachmann Derangement Syndrome?
Also Tim Schmoyer has a good post on dealing with an addiction to porn.
13. Want to get published? Some helpful hints from G-Man.
15. Hey, guess what? I guess that Pope Benedict XVI was right on condoms and the spread of HIV, the head of Harvard’s AIDS Prevention Center says condom use DOES NOT lower HIV infection rates.
HT: Lisa Graas
16. Hey here is a good idea. Let’s punish those who are charitable.
18. Apparently Human Events is in trouble due to increasing postal rates.
20. Some advice for part-time bloggers on juggling blogging with your work, family and other commitments.
Bonus!!!! I had a couple “starred” items in my Google Reader that I wanted to share as well.
21. Discovered an excellent coffee blog – All Things Coffee.
Latest posts by Shane Vander Hart (see all)
- Keller, Moore & DeYoung on How to Speak to Our Culture About Sex - August 24, 2016
- VanDerWerff Launches Independent Iowa House Bid After Losing Primary - August 24, 2016
- New Report Casts Doubt on Media’s LGBT Narrative - August 22, 2016