(Urbandale, Iowa) – Today the Zaun for Congress campaign released a list of public officials in Polk County who support Brad Zaun for the Republican nomination in the 3rd Congressional District Primary.
Current and former public officials who have endorsed Brad Zaun include:
- Robert Andeweg, Mayor of Urbandale
- Robert Brownell, Polk County Supervisor
- Mike Carver, Urbandale City Councilman
- Tom Gayman, Urbandale City Councilman
- Steve Gaer, Mayor of West Des Moines
- Halley Griess, Des Moines City Councilman
- E.J. Giovannetti, Polk County Supervisor
- Chris Hagenow, State Representative
- Erik Helland, State Representative
- Kevin Koester, State Representative
- Jon Kallen, Johnston City Councilman
- Eric Klein, Clive City Councilman
- Mark Lagomarcino, West Des Moines School Board
- Charles Larson, Jr., Former US Ambassador
- Cate Newberg, Urbandale School Board
- Adam Obrecht, Urbandale School Board
- Scott Raecker, State Representative
- Dino Rodish, Former West Des Moines Mayor
- Charles Schneider, West Des Moines City Councilman
- Russ Trimble, West Des Moines City Councilman
- Pat Ward, State Senator
- Matt Whitaker, Former U.S. Attorney
“Brad Zaun has a proven conservative track record. As mayor he cut taxes and reduced spending, while Urbandale experienced commercial and residential growth; in fact, very similar to what we’ve been working to do in West Des Moines over the last five years. I’m proud to support Brad Zaun for Congress,” said West Des Moines Mayor, Steve Gaer.
State Representative Erik Helland added, “Brad Zaun is hands down the right choice for Republicans on June 8th. His experience as an eighteen year small businessman taught him the importance of listening to his constituents and then staying true to his word. I’ll be voting for Brad on Election Day and encourage my constituents to do the same.”
“I’m honored to have the support of so many fine men and women across Polk County. Their support is indicative of the momentum we have heading into next Tuesday,” said Zaun.
Currently Zaun is a State Senator representing all of Urbandale and portions of northwest Des Moines. Brad’s business experience includes 18 years as owner of Zaun’s Trustworthy Hardware in Urbandale. He is married and the father of five children.
Iowa’s 3rd Congressional District includes the counties of Polk, Marion, Jasper, Mahaska, Benton, Grundy, Poweshiek, Tama, Iowa, Lucas, Keokuk and Monroe.