Donald Trump: Democrat Sugar Daddy

imageYesterday I highlighted what we know of Donald Trump on the issues – which is very little and not good.  Now looking at his donations… well, the saying “you put your money where your mouth is”… or in this case what you believe in applies.  If you do a search at the FEC website you’ll find that he’s is just a readily to give to Democrats than Republicans.  Some noteworthy contributions…

• He supported Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) in his reelection bid against Tea Party favorite Sharron Angle, donating $4800 in 2010, giving him over $10,400.
  • He has supported Democrat incumbents in his neck of the woods: Congressman Charlie Rangel (D-NY) who received $10,000 in 2006, Senator Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ) who received $12,000 total, Senator Chuck Schumer (D-NY) who received $8,900, and Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (R-NY) who received $5,850.
  • $7,000 to former Senator Ted Kennedy (D-MA)
  • $5,500 to Senator John Kerry (D-MA) including $2,000 during his 2004 presidential run
  • $4,000 to former Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle (D-SD)
  • $1,000 to Vice President (then Senator) Joe Biden (D-DE)
  • $116,000 to the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee
  • $10,000 to the Democratic Party of New York

Yes I understand he’s given to Republicans and conservative organizations as well such as disgraced former Congressman Mark Foley (R-FL), Senator John McCain (R-AZ) received a donation during his presidential run, former President George W. Bush, Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich, Republican Governors Association, and National Republican Senatorial Committee.

At best this “bipartisan” giving that seems to lean toward liberals and moderates make him look like somebody who puts his business’ bottom line over principles.  It certainly doesn’t show somebody who shares tea party values.

Do the Republicans and tea partiers infatuated with him right now really want somebody like this residing in the White House?  Likely Iowa Republican Caucus goers and tea partiers who are infatuated with this man, please wake up.  He is not one of you.

Comments

Shane,

Thank you for sharing some facts to back up the reservations I’ve had about Donald Trump. Do I think he could do a better job than President Obama? Absolutely. Would I be terribly disappointed if he were to become president? No. Could we do better? Again Absolutely.

I can only hope that the realization sets in that we cannot continue to allow our government to spend money it doesn’t have, and demand that our leaders take significant action. That will require lots of seats in the Senate and House to change hands in 2012.

We have our work cut out for us, if we expect to save our republic.

2. tony4516 says

Donald Trump is a player. He lives in Democrat, union dominated city. He has to play the game to survive. Do I like that he he gives to those bums, NO. Do I like what he says about making America strong and respected again, YES! Do I like that he agrees we can’t keep spending money we don’t have, and selling ourselves to the Chinese, YES. When he was interviewed by Meredith Vieira he controlled that interview. The Don stayed on track and didn’t back off. He is not afraid to stand his ground or push back when he is pressured. Most Republicans need to take lessons from Mr. Trump.
    Is voting for or supporting him any different than voting for a John McCain, or a Mitt Romney? I don’t think so.

• tony4516 says

Yes, Shane that would not surprise me. I truely feel because of our acceptence of abortion and homosexual rights that God is judging this nation, and that is why we are in the trouble we are in now, morally and financally. But when I see the other canidates who could get the parties nomination and win I’m sure they can or would deal with these moral issues.
        Secondly, I’m not saying I would support him at all costs, I just like the way he doesn’t back down!!!

• tony4516 says

3. tony4516 says

4. n8whit says

Finally someone with the cahoneys to ask the hard questions of our President and not fub up TV interviews with even the most liberal reporters and we start turning on our only chance to win 2012?????

5. Desmoinesdem says

Why are you even taking this guy seriously? He’s not going to run seriously, and if he does he will go nowhere fast.