Five Items of Interest: No Rapture in NZ, Netanyahu’s Rebuke, Trump’s Regret, Narcissist-in-Chief, and Santorum’s Misstep
I don’t want Kevin to feel like I’m copying him, so I’m resurrecting a hybrid of the Twenty Items of Interest posts that I used to do instead of doing my “Caffeinated Collection” (I did these years before Kevin started doing his “Kevin’s Corner” posts). I’m doing five items instead of twenty mainly because I’m lazy.
1. Well the rapture didn’t occur today, either that or there are no believers in New Zealand. I’m glad I didn’t cash out my 401K after all because I really wanted to be raptured from Hawaii.
2. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s rebuttal of President Barack Obama’s position that Israel needs to return to its 1967 borders is pretty interesting. Practically proposing that Israel be left indefensible. He basically told President Obama to come back from fantasy land. Watch below:
3. Donald Trump is saddened that the Iowa GOP canceled their Lincoln Dinner because of his decision not to honor his commitment. He wrote a letter to the Iowa GOP’s Matt Strawn offering to come speak if they would still hold the event. He wrote, "“I promise you that my speech will be fantastic. My word is my bond.” After I got up off the ground after a spontaneous laughing fit, I have to say the money quote of this story goes to Iowa GOP communications director Casey Mills who said, “Iowa Republicans have moved on.” Good for them.
4. President Barack Obama’s recent remarks at the CIA demonstrate that he has to be the most narcissistic president in our history. He was there to commend the CIA for the good work they did on gathering intel that ultimately led the raid Osama Bin Laden’s compound in Pakistan. He said “I” thirty-five times (along with “me” and “my” and “mine”).
5. I like former Senator Rick Santorum (R-PA) but to say that Senator John McCain (R-AZ), who has been tortured, doesn’t understand enhanced interrogation was well, to be kind, not one of his finer moments. I’m sure he’s thankful he said it right at the time former Speaker Newt Gingrich was having his nuclear meltdown so it went largely unnoticed.