And at the header of Drudge Report this evening we see:
Well I know what the former Mrs. Gingrich is not revealing. Matt Drudge (who is a Mitt Romney supporter) says he has an exclusive on news that Marianne Gingrich had an interview with ABC News. He writes:
Earlier this week, she sat before ABCNEWS cameras, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.
She spoke to ABCNEWS reporter Brian Ross for two hours, and her explosive revelations are set to rock the trail.
But now a “civil war” has erupted inside of the network, an insider claims, on exactly when the confession will air!…
…ABCNEWS suits determined it would be “unethical” to run the Marianne Gingrich interview so close to the South Carolina Primary, a curious decision, one insider argued, since the network has aggressively been reporting on other candidates.
A decision was tentatively made to air the interview next Monday, after all votes have been counted.
Ok… her timing is incredibly suspect. Why did she wait to have an interview now? Why did ABC News wait to air it? If it is truly newsworthy, then they should have aired it immediately. If not, why air it at all? Then we have a Romney backer leaking this which makes it further suspect. This is probably much-to-do-about-nothing or smear campaign politics, but seriously, if there is anything to this, I’d rather have it come out now before the primary and let the candidate explain and voters decide. But now there’s this cloud hanging over the vote on Saturday as people may wonder what shoe is about to drop.
There’s nothing more dangerous in politics than an ex-wife scorned.
What say you, should they wait or not?
Update: Nothing like having to update right after publishing. AP is reporting the interview will air tomorrow night.
2nd Update: By the way I want to be abundantly clear that I think this is slimy politics and do not condone this whatsoever. This is something, if it’s really anything at all, that should have come out way earlier than this. It makes me wonder who she’s supporting.
- Family Values Remain Gingrich’s Toughest Sell: Albert R. Hunt (businessweek.com)
- Sarah Palin Endorses Newt Gingrich……to Keep the Race Going, Not for President (whitehouse12.com)
- Rasmussen: Gingrich Closing On Romney (Updated) (markamerica.com)
- Letter From Washington: Gingrich May Test Voters’ Limits (nytimes.com)
- Scarlet letters now viewed more as a badge of honour (smh.com.au)
Latest posts by Shane Vander Hart (see all)
- Caffeinated Thoughts Takes Over Mac’s World Live (For a Day) - September 24, 2016
- Ted Cruz Endorses Donald Trump - September 23, 2016
- Hillary Clinton’s Most Awkward Interview (Video) - September 22, 2016