- My role as a youth worker is to be a buddy to the students.
- My role is to identify and confront all the sin in students’ lives.
- I can fix any student.
- I’ve got to be cool, speak the lingo, play guitar, and throw around youth culture references.
- Parents are the enemy; parents are the problem (obviously parents don’t hold this one).
- Advisory teams and boards are useless and slow you down.
- I’ve got better ideas than other youth workers.
- The best curriculum is the stuff I write.
- Young adults make the best youth workers.
- I’m in competition with other churches.
- The goal is to be big.
- Youth ministry is the most important ministry in the church.
- Safety issues are for other people and other churches.
- If you ignore problems, they’ll go away.
- A lot can be accomplished in the first year.
- Eventually I’ll have youth ministry totally figured out.
Are there any of these you take exception with? Are there others you would add? Leave a comment and let me know.
Powered by ScribeFire.
Latest posts by Shane Vander Hart (see all)
- Recap: A Three-Way Republican Primary in Iowa Senate District 1 - May 24, 2018
- Update: Nate Boulton Suspends Gubernatorial Campaign - May 24, 2018
- Jim Mowrer’s Illegal Endorsement of Himself - May 23, 2018