Kansas Bob tagged me for a “six random things about me” meme. I don’t do these that often so this will be fun.
- I named my first dog Deaner (a Shizu, Llhsa Apso, Poodle mix), after the nickname that I had growing up that I absolutely hated. My middle name is Dean (I won’t count that as a random thing about me), and thus my nickname was Deaner which rhymes with all sorts of things. Anyway, my mother is not a particular fan of dogs would suddenly find the dog coming to her when she would call me Deaner. I’ve never been called Deaner since (at least not by my mother).
- I had my Tote-n-Chip card taken away by my father when I was a Boy Scout because I tried cutting into a golf ball with my pocket knife. Kind of a stuck on stupid moment.
- I was the leading tackler for my Jr. High football team. They had me play nose guard, because I was quick. When I moved into Des Moines (from Bondurant, IA), I found in high school that being quick mattered not when you were lining up against a guy who outweighed you by 80 lbs easy.
- When I was a freshman at Drake University (1990-1991), every dorm room had a Mac. I didn’t bother trying this new fangled e-mail thing (I don’t remember what it was called back then) because I thought it was a fad. I mean who needs computers for other things than typing papers right? LOL!
- Speaking of computers I never owned one at home until 8 years ago.
- I made the State Freestyle Wrestling tournament where I promptly got my head handed to me by a guy in the first round who ended up being an all-American at the University of Northern Iowa. That was the only time I got a bloody nose during a match. Yeah, good times.
There, now you probably learned more about me than you wanted to know!
Let’s see… I’m supposed to tag six people for this: I am going to choose… Brent (who hasn’t blogged since May, maybe this will give you something to blog about!), Wayne, G-Man, Josh, Drew, and Rachel. I’m going to do a bonus because I’m feeling like dishing out some link love – Steve. You can either post it on your blog or leave a comment here. Just let me know when you do.