1. Why conservatives should be using Twitter, and 200 “people” you should be following. You can follow me on twitter here. I will follow you back!
2. Christians stop being tightwads, it is time to show the service industry that we are not the lousy tippers that we are perceived to be.
3. Christianity Today – “All Monotheism Are Not Alike” Article by Stan Guthrie
4. Reasoned Audacity’s roundup on efforts working against the Freedom of Choice Act.
FightFOCA is an on-line petition to persuade our national leadership: President-Elect Obama, Senator Majority Leader Reid and House
Majority LeaderSpeaker (see Jack’s comment) Pelosi that limiting states rights is not what the voters want.
HT: Jillian Bandles
5. Embrace the future:
HT: Acton Institute PowerBlog (they took down the original post)
7. Piper explains why Calvinists are sometimes cantankerous when debating.
HT: Ben Witherington
8. Iowa’s First Lady, Mari Culver, was caught smoking in a state-owned vehicle breaking a ban that her husband, Governor Chet Culver, signed into law in April.
HT: Iowa Independent
9. How Obama Got Elected – some interviews with Obama supporters.
I’m glad they were so well informed. You can tell where they were getting their “news.”
11. Patrick Ruffini – Center vs. Right is the Wrong Deabate
12. R.C. Sproul, Jr. on Conquering the World
Thomas Aquinas was a great gift to the church. He stands among the greatest minds the world has ever known. This doesn’t mean, of course, that he did not have his flaws, one of which goes to the heart of his intellectual labors. He saw it as his goal to synthesize the wisdom of Aristotle with the wisdom of the Bible. Now, Aristotle was no intellectual slouch either. That said, Thomas’ goal ought to immediately raise flags for us. Even a dummy like me can see: why would anyone want to synthesize the Bible with anything? What does the Bible lack that Aristotle brought to the table? The Bible is sufficient to tell us that the Bible is sufficient. We don’t need Aristotle — or Aquinas — to remind us that at the end of the day we don’t need Aristotle or Aquinas. What we need is the Bible.
14. Do you trust the abbreviated Jesus? Great thoughts from Michael Spencer!
I’m getting the feeling that we’re talking about a kind of “mini-Jesus.” A diluted, declawed, demoted savior who is a symbolic representation for a kind of anemic, watered-down, unBiblical, culturally acceptable Jesus.
I get the feeling that if you move beyond the standard biographical paragraph, you’re going to discover that the Jesus you’re hearing about has considerably less to say than Jesus as we meet him in the Gospels.
17. Mamas don’t let your babies grow up to be pastors:
HT: Steve Laughlin
18. Wow, Alan Colmes after 12 years will be leaving Fox News’ Hannity & Colmes. He is going to stay with Fox News, but said he wants to contribute in other ways.
19. Have you considered helping out with Operation Christmas Child?
Latest posts by Shane Vander Hart (see all)
- Hillary Clinton Won’t Rule Out Questioning 2016 Election Legitimacy - September 19, 2017
- Cable: RNC At-Large Delegate Nominating Committee Is Not Accountable - September 19, 2017
- Iowa GOP Decides They Will Select RNC At-Large Delegate Nominees - September 18, 2017