1. Just wondering if other states are doing this, but Alaska is looking to divest Alaskan money in Sudan in response to Darfur. All states should look at taking stands against genocide similar to this (if they haven’t already). (HT: Conservatives for Palin).
4. Kevin DeYoung, one of the authors of a book I’ve been blogging about off and on, Why We’re Not Emergent (By Two Guys Who Should Be), has a blog – DeYoung, Restless and Reformed (HT: Justin Taylor)
5. Ted Haggard was recently on Oprah. Andrew Faris shares his thoughts on this interview. Anne Jackson calls the environment that led to his fall scandalous. Christianity Today has written about his recent media interviews. (HT: Tim Challies)
6. Just your random “Hamster Eating Popcorn on a Piano” video.
7. Robert Stacy McCain gives us an example of elitism in one sentence.
8. Bernie Goldberg explains PDS IPalin Derangement Syndrome) (HT: Josh Painter). He just came out with a book, A Slobbering Love Affair: The True (And Pathetic) Story of the Torrid Romance Between Barack Obama and the Mainstream Media. Kind of a long title, Ericka Anderson shares some thoughts on this subject here.
9. The heaviest element known to science – Governmentium.
11. Don’t cut the state budget, because if you do you’ll have to fire the firefighters.
14. An interesting interview/profile on a conservative Congresswoman from my neighbor to the north (for you geographically challenged people, that would be Minnesota), Michelle Bachmann. Here is a recent op/ed she wrote for Townhall. You can follow her on Twitter here.
16. Can you have assurance of your salvation? Yes, but follow the link for a more detailed answer.
17. Regarding Abortion, we must continue to ask one question.
HT: Internet Monk
19. Sarah Flashing asks, who is going to protect women from women’s rights ideology?
20. A true dead end.
HT: Pure Church
Bonus: I had to include this picture of the results of some guy hacking into the Texas DOT system. I know… hacking bad, but I couldn’t help from laughing over this.
HT: Mark Riddle