2. Hey have you seen the Rick Santelli rant yet? Here is the video:
Well meaning Democrats pressured Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and banks in general to make housing loans to poor people who could not afford houses. Banks developed loan products that in turn attracted people of all sorts to purchase them. What we are now calling “toxic loans” flooded the system. Housing demand shot up, and then home prices followed, creating a price bubble. When the bubble burst, as inevitably it had to, the collapse was systemic and catastrophic. Here we are. Good intentions. Bad policy. Unintended consequences.
5. Governors and that whole “fiscal responsibility” thing. Related: GOP Governors suddenly agree with Governor Palin and President Obama is reminded by by some governors – “you were not elected to run my state.” Of course the left is whining about it.
6. Another poignant pictoral description of Porkulus.
HT: Jungle Hut
8. Consuming teen identity – how consumerism is becoming the new salvation story.
HT: Out of Ur
11. God’s providence – Man on God’s stage.
12. What do you mean when you say God is sovereign? 4 primary options.
15. Bill Clinton, a Calvinist?
“I’m too much of a Calvinist. If I don’t work everyday I get nervous.”
It’s true from an interview that President Clinton did with CNN.
I’d say he’s referring to the “Protestant work ethnic” not his position on soteriology.
HT: Irish Calvinist
17. Hey by the way, you do realize we’re different? The difference between masculine logic and feminine logic.
18. A definition of what it means to be Reformed that I can embrace.
20. Don’t feel bad for the wolves even if they are getting shot from helicopters.