1. I’m concerned about what is going on in Mexico with drug cartels and their overall instability. A few links for you to check out: Disorder on the border over at Intellectual Redneck, Tracy Karol posted on Texas’ role regarding what is happening in Northern Mexico, a post on Mexican security at Alamo City Pundit and over at Ft. Hard Knox a post about Texas Governor Rick Perry asking for troops.
5. You know I’m not going to complain about Iowa’s snow storms anymore. Well at least not until next year. This picture is a home in New Brunswick, Canada (not sure the exact town).
Changes the meaning of “being snowed in” doesn’t it?
6. Help! Add it to your vocabulary. Well all need to get over our self-sufficiency don’t we? At least when we lose our dependence on God as a result.
8. A new bumper sticker from the Tennessee GOP.
HT: Elizabeth Crum
12. The emergent church’s (or at least one leader’s) embrace of Pelagius.
13. A warning from the late Nikita Khrushchev (a former premier of the Soviet Union) from 1959 coming to pass?
HT: Angela Stevens
16. Some thoughts on business leadership principles being transferred to the church.
17. Because it is just fun, and I just felt like including it. This is a pretty random collection. A blast from the past. “C is for Cookie“
20. Alaska is trying to pass an parental consent/notification bill for kids seeking an abortion. To me this is no brainer, every state should have this law on the books and it should have bipartisan support. For the most part it does in Alaska (co-sponsored by a Democrat and Republican) and Governor Sarah Palin supports it.
Latest posts by Shane Vander Hart (see all)
- Recap: A Three-Way Republican Primary in Iowa Senate District 1 - May 24, 2018
- Update: Nate Boulton Suspends Gubernatorial Campaign - May 24, 2018
- Jim Mowrer’s Illegal Endorsement of Himself - May 23, 2018