1. Sweet nametag. Awesome to wear at church on Sunday mornings or for elders’ meetings.
If you are not familiar with The Princess Bride, what’s wrong with you? Go watch it!
2. When people bark, or as author Marshall Shelley would put it – Well Intentioned Dragons.
3. North Korean Missile Launch – compare and contrast, President Obama’s response and Governor Sarah Palin’s response (Alaska is the state most likely to be effected by a potential North Korean nuke, and they have an Alaskan Army National Guard missile defense unit there to counter it). Also Big Hollywood weighs in on Obama’s response, what do you think… Obama’s response feeble?
4. President Obama evidently thinks Austrian is a language, um… German is the official language of Austria. Can you imagine if President Bush or Governor Palin said such a thing? Could have used the teleprompter here. Here’s video of the press conference:
HT: Josh Painter
6. Want some link love? Eleven ways to increase your chances of being linked to by a blogger. All of these work with me, and I have seen some success with some of these before. Then there is always R.S. McCain’s five rules for getting a million hits on your blog. I can’t endorse #4 or #5 though, and I really wish he’d put #1 differently.
7. Something I’ve already put into practice, but I’ll share with you. Caffeine helps lessen post-workout soreness. Lots of water helps as well.
8. While my mind is on coffee. This would be awesome!
HT: Indy Jane
9. My disordered economy – what does biblical stewardship look like?
10. Has our culture artificially extended childhood by becoming too overprotective of children?
11. Great quote by Plato:
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors."
HT: Ellen Stevens
15. A great reminder guys – loving leadership bears repeating.
17. Sure classy of Obama to visit Normandy while in France, oh yeah… he didn’t.
19. Paid volunteers, sounds like an oxymoron right? That’s because it is.
HT: Mike Demastus
Bonus: 21. Big Brother wants to control the internet.
Latest posts by Shane Vander Hart (see all)
- Watch and Recap: Kim Reynolds and Fred Hubbell Meet for 2nd Debate - October 17, 2018
- Pediatricians Group: Comprehensive Sex Education Is a Failure - October 17, 2018
- Iowa’s Revenue Projected to Grow in FY 19 and FY 20 - October 17, 2018