1 Timothy 6:10 – “For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs.”
Money is amoral, but the love of money isn’t. This is poignantly seen in a survey of people asking what they would do for $10 million.
- Would abandon their entire family (25%)
- Would abandon their church (25%)
- Would become prostitutes for a week or more (23%)
- Would give up their American citizenship (16%)
- Would leave their spouses (16%)
- Would withhold testimony and let a murderer go free (10%)
- Would kill a stranger (7%)
- Would put their children up for adoption (3%)
So what should our attitude toward money be? Listen as Shane continues his series of messages on James, at Grace Evangelical Free Church, looking at James 5:1-6.