While I’ve made it pretty clear I’m voting for former Governor Terry Branstad this go around, I do want issues debated. I also believe that third party candidates should not be shut out of debates. Jonathan Narcisse started a petition drive so that he would be included in the debates, and I have signed it.
However, I also believe that Eric Cooper the Libertarian Party of Iowa candidate should be allowed to debate as well. Getting exposed to a variety of ideas and perspectives on the issues will help educate the electorate. If the debates stay as is… we are just going to learn that Governor Chet Culver is doing a lousy job (which he is) and about problems in Branstad’s record (which there are).
Not to mention it would certainly make the debates much, much more entertaining.
So sign Narcisse’s petition, but you can also contact the different debate venues:
Sept. 14th – Sioux City Debates- Hosted by:
- Lee Enterprises- (563) 383-2100, firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Sioux City Journal- (712)293-4244, Email Ron Peterson
- KCAU-TV- (712) 277-3733, email@example.com
Oct. 7 — 7 p.m- Cedar Rapids Debates hosted by:
- The Gazette- (319) 398-8333 or (800) 397-8333, firstname.lastname@example.org
- KCRG-TV- (319) 398.8422, WebMaster@KCRG.com
Oct. 21 — Johnston debate hosted by:
- The Des Moines Register- (800) 532-1455, email@example.com
- Iowa Public Television- (515) 242-3100, firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by Shane Vander Hart (see all)
- Recap: A Three-Way Republican Primary in Iowa Senate District 1 - May 24, 2018
- Update: Nate Boulton Suspends Gubernatorial Campaign - May 24, 2018
- Jim Mowrer’s Illegal Endorsement of Himself - May 23, 2018