The Iowa Judicial Branch released information about the judicial retention vote awhile back. In it they described what makes a good judge:
- Integrity – honest, upright and committed to the rule of law
- Professional Competence – keen intellect, extensive legal knowledge and strong writing abilities
- Judicial Temperament – neutral, decisive, respectful and composed
- Experience – strong record of professional excellence
- Service – committed to public service and the administration of justice
Anything missing here?