Yesterday I highlighted what we know of Donald Trump on the issues – which is very little and not good. Now looking at his donations… well, the saying “you put your money where your mouth is”… or in this case what you believe in applies. If you do a search at the FEC website you’ll find that he’s is just a readily to give to Democrats than Republicans. Some noteworthy contributions…
- He supported Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) in his reelection bid against Tea Party favorite Sharron Angle, donating $4800 in 2010, giving him over $10,400.
- He has supported Democrat incumbents in his neck of the woods: Congressman Charlie Rangel (D-NY) who received $10,000 in 2006, Senator Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ) who received $12,000 total, Senator Chuck Schumer (D-NY) who received $8,900, and Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (R-NY) who received $5,850.
- $7,000 to former Senator Ted Kennedy (D-MA)
- $5,500 to Senator John Kerry (D-MA) including $2,000 during his 2004 presidential run
- $4,000 to former Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle (D-SD)
- $1,000 to Vice President (then Senator) Joe Biden (D-DE)
- $116,000 to the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee
- $10,000 to the Democratic Party of New York
Yes I understand he’s given to Republicans and conservative organizations as well such as disgraced former Congressman Mark Foley (R-FL), Senator John McCain (R-AZ) received a donation during his presidential run, former President George W. Bush, Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich, Republican Governors Association, and National Republican Senatorial Committee.
At best this “bipartisan” giving that seems to lean toward liberals and moderates make him look like somebody who puts his business’ bottom line over principles. It certainly doesn’t show somebody who shares tea party values.
Do the Republicans and tea partiers infatuated with him right now really want somebody like this residing in the White House? Likely Iowa Republican Caucus goers and tea partiers who are infatuated with this man, please wake up. He is not one of you.