Here is this week’s items of interest. How often do I do these? Whenever I feel like it…. and number…
1. University of Iowa professor Stephen G. Bloom who is also the “Bessie Dutton Murray Professional Scholar” there wrote a piece for The Atlantic that was neither professional or scholarly about his observations of over 20 years of living in Iowa. To save you from having to actually read his almost 6000-word piece of fiction I’ll sum it up for you… Iowa is full of backwards, unwashed, uneducated hicks. Praise God though that we have mud rooms to keep us from tracking pig crap into our houses. This year Bloom is corrupting young future journalists at the University of Michigan (which explains a lot about the media) where we goobers in Iowa hope he stays.
2. Pigs are flying and Ron Paul is closing in on Newt Gingrich in the latest Iowa Caucus poll trailing him by only one point – 22% to 21%… gee maybe we are just a bunch of goobers after all (just kidding Paulites, don’t hate). From there we have Mitt Romney at 16%, Michele Bachmann at 11%, Rick Perry at 9%, Rick Santorum at 8%, Jon Huntsman at 5% and Gary Johnson at 1%.
3. Christine O’Donnell has lost all of her Tea Party cred and endorsed Mitt Romney. Does her endorsement matter? No. Romney’s probably wishing he didn’t have it. Maybe she decided this after the tea party in Iowa gave her the cold shoulder.
4. Mitt Romney blasts Newt Gingrich as an “extremely unreliable” conservative leader. Does anyone else see the irony in that statement. It’s a true statement, but it’s equally true if applied to him. Perhaps this is why evangelicals will revolt if he gets the nomination.
5. Donald Trump pulls out of moderating the Newsmax Debate since he realized he wouldn’t the publicity he craved with only two candidates willing to debate. Dumping Iowa for the second time. He’s now considering an independent bid… oh Heaven help us. Donald, you’re fired!