Happy New Year! It’s hard to believe it’s 2012 already, 2011 went so fast. With just 2 1/2 days or so before Iowans go to Caucus on January 3rd at 7:00p I thought a final five items edition focused on the Iowa Caucus would be appropriate.
1. Palin’s Earthquake – I haven’t addressed this before, but let me do so here. This is a waste of time; it is a pipe dream. If you have been a long-time reader of this blog you know that I like Sarah Palin, I still do. She is not running for President, she does not want to. Why would we want to coerce somebody into running who didn’t want to? It is a vote that will go toward Mitt Romney or Ron Paul; how about investing that vote into a candidate who better reflects her values? Besides Sarah Palin’s name will not show up in the results, it will be listed as “other.” I agree with Kevin Hall, I hope “other” beats Jon Huntsman.
2. Bachmann’s campaign is a disorganized mess – Yep, no surprise there. Eric Woolson, her Iowa Campaign Manager took the blame, that was a classy move by Eric, but I think at this point we can see there is a problem with the candidate. Not her personally, but an acknowledgement that her campaign is going nowhere, and the last poll shows with those who have showed up in the state she’s dead last. Maybe it’s time to look for a different candidate.
3. The Steve Deace/Newt Gingrich Dynamic – Yes it is hard to understand. I think this endorsement hurts Steve more than it helps Newt. It’s ironic that the guy who touts judicial reform (which is the primary reason Deace backs him) was given a dishonorable mention by Judicial Watch who is just a *tad* concerned about the current state of the judiciary as well.
4. Gingrich’s Tears – Will Newt Gingrich be hurt because he shed tears talking about his mom? No, he’ll be hurt because of running a poor campaign with a questionable record.
Latest posts by Shane Vander Hart (see all)
- Lots of Dads Find This Prom Picture Humorous - April 23, 2018
- The DNC Says They Are Suing Russia and the Trump Campaign - April 20, 2018
- Are Transgender Marines and Sailors Causing Unit Cohesion Problems? - April 20, 2018