Cecile Richards, President of Planned Parenthood, described 2011 as “the most difficult year in our history.” I really hope that 2011 looks like nothing compared to 2012. Based on Susan G. Komen for the Cure’s decision yesterday to break it’s affiliation with Planned Parenthood it looks like it’s off to a good (or bad depending on your perspective) start. The reason for their decision?
Komen spokeswoman Leslie Aun said the cutoff results from the charity’s newly adopted criteria barring grants to organizations that are under investigation by local, state or federal authorities. According to Komen, this applies to Planned Parenthood because it’s the focus of an inquiry launched by Rep. Cliff Stearns, R-Fla., seeking to determine whether public money was improperly spent on abortions.
Planned Parenthood said the grants that Komen gave totaled about $680,000 last year. $580,000 the year before going to 19 different affiliates for breast exams. Yesterday in celebrating this news I had a disheartened Democrat tweet:
— Bleeding Heartland (@desmoinesdem) January 31, 2012
The problem is with progressive blogger DesMoinesDem’s rebuttal is that they don’t even provide mammograms. What is that money really going toward? Also am I to believe that the only place a woman in poverty can go for a breast cancer screening is a Planned Parenthood clinic? Please.
The simple fact is this – Planned Parenthood does not care about women. They never have. Their business is death… to the tune of a billion dollars. They were built on a foundation of racism, sexual license and eugenics.
Planned Parenthood is “alarmed and saddened” by this decision and they say Komen has bowed the the pressure of pro-life groups criticism, but their decision was made based on criticism of Planned Parenthood. Their alarm has prompted them to now start a fund for breast exam screenings.
Please… we know what your real business is. At least Komen grant money will go to more worthy recipients in the future. In the meantime Planned Parenthood in desperation is resorting to ill advised social media campaigns and ludicrous advertisements as you can see some examples below:
Let’s hope that 2012 is actually even worse for Planned Parenthood than 2011 was.
- Komen Cancer Charity Halts Grants to Planned Parenthood (newsmax.com)
- Others Should Follow Komen by De-Funding Planned Parenthood (lifenews.com)
- Planned Parenthood sees big spike in donations (msnbc.msn.com)
- Planned Parenthood: We’ve Raised $400K Since Komen Decision (lifenews.com)
- House Dem abandons Susan G. Komen after Planned Parenthood decision (thehill.com)
- Komen stops grants to Planned Parenthood (wnd.com)
- Cancer charity pulls Planned Parenthood funding (cbsnews.com)
Latest posts by Shane Vander Hart (see all)
- Chuck Grassley Leads Patty Judge by 17 Points in Loras College Poll - September 28, 2016
- Phillip Yancey Discusses Evangelical Support for Donald Trump - September 28, 2016
- Blum and Young Top Latest Loras College Poll - September 28, 2016