Just a few years ago, Christie Vilsack was Director of Planned Parenthood of the Heartland’s “Healthy Families” campaign, which succeeded in squeezing another $750,000 out of Iowa taxpayers to feed Planned Parenthood of the Heartland (aka “Big Abortion”.) But now that she is running for Congress, there’s nary a mention of Planned Parenthood of the Heartland or Healthy Families on her website, http://christievilsackforiowa.com
Not even a peep about Planned Parenthood of the Heartland at her campaign launch July 19, 2011, in Ames. But in her brief launch speech Vilsack did mention Jake, her grandchild she was carrying around like a campaign prop—twice. And mentioned there’s “another one on the way.”
Why Christie, Why?
Even her friends have noticed. One liberal blog opined in 2011 that Vilsack was chosen as one of four promising candidates by abortion activist group, “Emily’s List”: “So far I haven’t seen any mention of the “Emily’s List” announcement on the Christie Vilsack for Iowa website, Facebook page or Twitter account.” (Source: www.bleedingheartland.com)
Here are a few other things Christie might be mum on:
- Christie Vilsack donated money to Planned Parenthood in 2009. Now they donate to her. Planned Parenthood and Emily’s List have both donated to Christie’s campaign, according to The Iowa Republican.
- · Nancy Pelosi gave Christie $4,000 (Now we know where that grandchild-as-a-campaign-prop comes from.)
- Christie was the guest of honor at open houses for new Planned Parenthood of the Heartland’s in Fort Dodge and Creston in 2008.
- Christie was keynote speaker at a Planned Parenthood of the Heartland fundraiser in Burlington in 2008 and visited the Mount Pleasant Planned Parenthood of the Heartland in the same trip.
- Representatives of Planned Parenthood of the Heartland were recognized at Christie’s fundraiser at Prairie Moon Winery in Ames July 1, 2011, the Ames Tribune reported. A Planned Parenthood of the Heartland donor was master of ceremonies.
Christie’s Initiative: The Buffet Way
Christie’s campaign website does mention she was Executive Director of the Iowa Initiative, but refers to it as: “a privately funded research program focused on women’s health.”
Women’s health? Really?
The Iowa Initiative is bankrolled by Warren Buffet. While many know of Buffet’s financial success, not everyone knows he is one of the biggest donors in the world to population control and abortion organizations like Planned Parenthood, National Abortion Rights Action League (NARAL) and the Population Council which promotes abortion worldwide.
Iowa Right to Life wants to make sure Christie’s accomplishments at the Iowa Initiative are not forgotten.
- The Iowa Initiative gave Planned Parenthood of the Heartland money to implant 7,000 IUDs (interuterine devices—birth control) in Iowa women, reported ABC News.
- Iowa Initiative’s Avoid the Stork “to reduce unintended pregnancies” campaign, which is supposed to target ages 18-30 is an underhanded way to sexualize children by using a costumed stork mascot (think “Joe Camel”) that shows up in print ads, billboard and TV commercials. The stork mascot also makes public appearances at the Iowa Speedway and various festivals.
- Children who log onto the Stork website are treated to cartoon images, like praying hands for the “Pull N’ Pray” method, which the site says “is also known as withdrawal, when the male anatomy is quickly removed from the woman’s before the act of ejaculation.”
- Avoid the Stork mirrors a failed federally-funded campaign from the 1970s, “Stop the Stork”, which cost taxpayers hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Still Involved in Iowa Initiative
We know that Christie is so humble about her accomplishments at the Iowa Initiative, that she has been holding back that she is still on the Board of Directors there.
As under her leadership, Iowa Initiative is stacked with Planned Parenthood of the Heartland’s biggest supporters: Susan Knapp, whose real estate husband Bill used his fortune to open a Planned Parenthood of the Heartland abortion location near Drake University in her name; former State Senator Maggie Tinsman, Dr. Andrea McGuire, who throws fundraisers for Planned Parenthood of the Heartland in her home. Former Lt. Gov. Sally Pederson is the Executive Director.
Christie Vilsack may be mum on her ties to big abortion in Iowa, but Iowa Right to Life will not be.