Update: Matt Whitaker is the winner of our first straw poll. See results here.
Caffeinated Thoughts is running its first online straw poll for the 2014 Iowa U.S. Senate Republican Primary race. We wanted to see where Iowa Republicans stand currently with the field of declared and prospective candidates. We are polling these six Republicans:
- Sam Clovis – Conservative talk show host and professor at Morningside College from Hinton
- Joni Ernst – Iowa State Senator from Red Oak and Battalion Commander in the Iowa Army National Guard.
- Mark Jacobs – Former Reliant Energy CEO and founder of Reaching Higher Iowa from West Des Moines. (He is not declared, but has an exploratory committee. Since he is traveling the state meeting with voters I wanted to include him.)
- Scott Schaben – Sales manager from Ames.
- Matt Whitaker – Former U.S. Attorney and Iowa Hawkeye football standout from Ankeny.
- David Young – Former Chief of Staff for Senator Chuck Grassley from Van Meter.
Obviously this is not a scientific poll. I would like to keep this to Iowa Republican voters (or independents who will likely register as Republicans for the primary). Also while it’s possible to vote more than once, please don’t. We’re not Chicago. Vote early, but not often. I can’t enforce any of this so it really is an on-your-honor-system.
While I’d like you to not vote multiple times please do share this poll with family and friends.
Latest posts by Shane Vander Hart (see all)
- Caffeinated Thoughts Takes Over Mac’s World Live (For a Day) - September 24, 2016
- Ted Cruz Endorses Donald Trump - September 23, 2016
- Hillary Clinton’s Most Awkward Interview (Video) - September 22, 2016