Matt Whitaker is the winner of our first straw poll for the Republican primary race for our Iowa’s open U.S. Senate seat.
With over 1018 votes cast, here are the official results. Clovis had the early lead, but Whitaker surged after being in third place after the first three days of voting.
- Matt Whitaker – 33.3% (339 votes)
- Sam Clovis – 29.9% (305 votes)
- Joni Ernst - 20.9% (213 votes)
- David Young – 9.8% (100 votes)
- Scott Schaben – 4.4% (45 votes)
- Mark Jacobs – 1.6% (16 votes)
Congratulations to the Whitaker campaign! Thanks to all who participated.
Latest posts by Shane Vander Hart (see all)
- Live Blog: NBC News Presidential Debate - September 26, 2016
- Young Leads Mowrer by 15 Points in New Iowa 3rd Congressional District Poll - September 26, 2016
- Joni Ernst Stumps for Zach Nunn - September 26, 2016