(Sioux City, IA) Sam Clovis, candidate for the U.S. Senate, released his 10 points “Pledge to Lead” yesterday. “I will always tell you the truth, and now I have put it in writing for everyone to read,” said Clovis. Clovis, a 25-year Air Force veteran and professor is running for the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by Sen. Tom Harkin.
“I have traveled across Iowa, river to river, and I have been meeting with voters and these are the issues in which they have an interest and about which they are passionate,” Clovis said. He continued by saying that the current “Washington” is broken, and it will not work until someone with the required experience, principles and courage decides to upset the status quo. Clovis is committed to always telling the truth and holding himself and government accountable so that the people of Iowa will finally have the representation they deserve. “I’m just the person to start defeating the everyday politician.”
“I am a leader, a proud conservative and a proud American who believes in what our Founding Fathers put together. I will work to protect our individual liberties and lessen government’s intrusion into our daily lives,” said Clovis. “Now is the time to change the way Washington does business. This ‘Pledge to Lead’ is my written vow to Iowa voters. I will always listen to the people of Iowa and will always lead the way to achieve what is best for the nation.”
Clovis finished by saying, “I have the experience to do this job. I have been twice the speed of sound, have seen the curve of the earth, have been a 1,000 miles per hour a few feet off the ground and I am married to the love of my life. There is nothing anyone in Washington is going to be able to offer me that I do not already have.”
Sam Clovis holds a MBA in Management and a Doctorate in Public Administration. He is currently a tenured full professor at a private liberal arts college in northwest Iowa. He served in the United States Air Force for 25 years and still provides leadership to defense and homeland security institutions. He lives in Hinton, IA with his wife Charlotte and stepson Khan. Visit www.samclovis.com for more information on the candidate and his campaign.
Pledge to Lead
- I will fight to repeal and defund Obamacare. We need market-driven solutions like tort reform, interstate purchase of health insurance and truly competitive health provider markets to do what is best for America.
- I will lead the fight to scrap the current tax code and the IRS and institute a Fair Tax. Hard working Iowans deserve to keep more of their own money. The abuse of power by the IRS must stop and the IRS must go.
- I will lead the charge to protect The Second Amendment’s guarantee of our God-given right to keep and bear arms. The latest assault on our liberty found in the emerging gun control measures ensures that it will be harder for law-abiding citizens to protect themselves and their property.
- I will lead the fight to ensure we apply a constitutionality test to every bill brought before Congress. Federalism, as codified in the Constitution, should work to the benefit of our citizens and not special interests.
- I will fight to restore our Founding Father’s Vision of the Citizen-Legislator by leading the effort to establish term limits for members of Congress, both in the House of Representatives and the Senate. If elected by the people of Iowa, I personally commit to serving no more than two terms in the Senate.
- I will lead the charge to send a Balanced Budget Amendment to the states that would require a two-thirds majority vote in both chambers to raise taxes. It is time for Government to balance the federal budget and run its finance like Iowans have to run theirs.
- I will lead the effort to establish energy independence in the United States. Through legislative action, I will strive to remove roadblocks and barriers to responsible energy exploration for projects like the Keystone Pipeline on our soil and off our shores.
- I will lead the fight in the Congress to institute a complete audit of all federal agencies and programs as well as the Federal Reserve. It is time to reassess the constitutionality of the enterprises of our executive branch and to identify and eliminate duplication, waste and inefficiencies.
- I will sponsor or co-sponsor legislation to repeal the Death Tax. This tax discourages savings and investment, undermines job creation and wage growth and hurts those who have their life savings tied up in the family farm, land and other hard-to-sell assets.
- I will lead in creating legislation to eliminate the Capital Gains Tax. The role of the federal government should be to reduce or eliminate uncertainty in the business environment.