(Cedar Falls, IA) The Walt Rogers Congressional Campaign today announced its second round of endorsements from current and former legislators. This second round of endorsements includes the following current and former state Senators and Representatives; their district numbers are listed.
- State Senator Nancy Boettger, District 9
- State Senator Amy Sinclair, District 14
- State Representative Dawn Pettengill, District 75
- State Representative Lee Hein, District 96
- State Representative Linda Miller, District 94
- State Representative Mary Ann Hanusa, District 16
- State Representative Rob Taylor, District 44
- Former Representative Scott Raecker, District 63
- Former Representative Jeff Kaufmann, District 79
The only Republican state legislator currently serving from Black Hawk County, Walt Rogers was first elected to the Iowa House of Representatives in 2010 by defeating an incumbent Democrat. Elected by his colleagues as an Assistant Majority Leader during his freshman term in office, Rogers was also chosen as one of only 15 state legislators nationwide for GOPAC’s Emerging Leaders Class of 2012; this year Rogers was named one of four co-chairs of their Emerging Leaders Summit.
Rogers serves on the Appropriations, Economic Growth, Education, and Transportation committees and is the Vice Chair of the Administration and Rules Appropriations Committee.
Rogers represents Iowa House District 60, which is comprised of much of west Waterloo and southern Cedar Falls, Hudson, and southwestern rural Black Hawk County.