Today Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) released its 2013-2014 annual report. In response, the national pro-life group Susan B. Anthony List (SBA List) released a fact sheet on the information, revealing a drop in most services except for abortion.
The fact sheet details the decline in Planned Parenthood’s non-abortion services:
- In 2013, Planned Parenthood performed 327,653 abortions. Over the past three reported years, Planned Parenthood has performed nearly one million abortions.
- In 2013, abortions made up 94% of Planned Parenthood’s pregnancy services.
- For every adoption referral, Planned Parenthood performed 174 abortions.
- While abortions rose, Planned Parenthood adoption referrals dropped 14% in one year, and prenatal care services dropped 4%.
- Planned Parenthood’s cancer prevention services are down 17% over one year, and contraceptive services dropped by 4%.
Details on Planned Parenthood’s finances:
- During fiscal year 2013-2014, Planned Parenthood received more than $528 million in taxpayer funding, or more than $1.4 million per day, in the form of government grants, contracts, and Medicaid reimbursements.
- Taxpayer funding accounts for 41% of Planned Parenthood’s overall revenue.
- Planned Parenthood reported more than $127 million in excess revenue, and more than $1.4 billion in net assets.
“The abortion rate may be declining across America, but not in Planned Parenthood clinics. Their latest annual report is fresh evidence that Planned Parenthood remains an abortion-centered, profit-driven business,” SBA List President Marjorie Dannenfelser said after reviewing the report. “In 2013, Planned Parenthood upped the number of abortions they performed to 327,653. Meanwhile, their already limited cancer screenings, prenatal services, adoption referrals – and even contraception services – continue to drop. Planned Parenthood claims to be an altruistic health care provider for women and girls but their bottom line is all about abortion.”