(Des Moines, IA) The first of two Veterans Care Fairs hosted by Congressman David Young (R-Iowa) kick-off this Saturday. These events are a one-stop-shop to connect veterans with a wide range of options and opportunities available to them. And with over 20 different agencies, organizations and universities confirmed to attend there will be something there for everyone.
“Our nation owes a great deal to those who have served and sacrificed. It’s our duty to show our gratitude to the men and women who answered the call to serve. And so I ask you to reach out to that Facebook friend you haven’t connected with in a while whose spouse is serving, or a neighbor who served or had a sibling in Iraq, or that classmate whose father served in Korea or Vietnam. Invite them to one of the care fairs and see if we can help make a difference in the life of someone who sacrificed so much for us to protect our freedoms,” Young said.
Details for the Veterans Care Fairs:
Saturday, October 24, 2015 Des Moines
9:00 AM 1:00 PM
The University of Iowa, John & Mary Pappajohn Education Center
1200 Grand Avenue
Des Moines, Iowa 50309
**Street parking is available at no charge on weekends. There are also parking ramps located at 801 Locust Street (three blocks east), at 1100 Walnut Street (two blocks south), and at 10th and Walnut Street.
Confirmed organizations, agencies and universities in attendance:
- American Legion
- Amvets Department of Iowa
- Central/Western Iowa Honor Flight
- Des Moines Area Community College
- FAVA (Family Alliance for Veterans of America)
- Grand View University
- H2H.Jobs Employment Coordinator – Iowa
- Iowa Department of Veterans Affairs
- Iowa State University
- Iowa Veterans Cemetery
- Iowa Veterans Home
- Iowa Workforce Development
- Midwest Military Outreach, Inc.
- Operation Home Base Iowa
- Paralyzed Veterans of America
- Puppy Jake Foundation
- Southwestern Community College
- University of Iowa
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- Vets Center (www.vetcenter.va.gov)
- Veterans in Agriculture
- Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA), U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
No RSVP is needed to attend the fairs.