I read with interest a letter from Charles Spies who is the legal counsel for Right to Rise PAC, a leadership political action committee started by former Florida Governor Jeb Bush, to Alan Garten who is the general counsel for the Trump Organization. Apparently Garten sent a letter to Right to Rise PAC threatening them with legal action should they produce an advertisement that is critical of Donald Trump. Three problems with this.
- Right to Rise PAC is a leadership PAC, not a Super PAC so they wouldn’t produce ads like that.
- This shows that Trump is a bully and will use abuse the legal system to attempt to quash political speech.
- The use of corporate resources for Trump’s campaign is a violation of federal election law.
Spies lays a smack down on the Trump Organization, seriously, it was brutal. Round one goes to Right to Rise PAC.
You can read the letter and a complaint that Spies filed against the Trump Organization with the FEC below:
Latest posts by Shane Vander Hart (see all)
- Is Iowa’s Investment in Pre-K Education Worthwhile? - July 20, 2018
- Chaz Allen Decides Not to Run for Re-Election to Iowa Senate - July 20, 2018
- (Video) Ernst Defends ICE on U.S. Senate Floor - July 19, 2018