The FAMiLY Leader released a prayer guide for Christians in Iowa (and beyond) can use to pray for the Iowa Caucuses on February 1.
- That Christians in Iowa will have discernment and choose the leader that God wants (Psalm 119:66).
- That we would be subject to governing authorities (Romans 13:1).
- That leaders will obey the will of God (Acts 5:29).
- That God will guide leaders to be wise and discerning (Proverbs 24:5).
- That our country will have God-fearing leaders accountable to God for every decision they make (Proverbs 9:10 & Hebrews 13:17).
- For protection for leaders and their families (Psalms 91).
- For strength in the midst of spiritual warfare (Ephesians 6:10-20).
- For families who often feel the responsibility of their loved one in the civic arena (I Peter 2: 11-17).
- That leaders will remember God listens to prayers, answers prayers, and He moves in response to prayer. Jesus taught, “I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, move from here to there, and it will move. Nothing is impossible to God” (Matthew 17:20).
- That Iowans will “humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways …” (2 Chronicles 7:14).
- That leaders will be humble before God (Isaiah 66:2).
- That people will learn wisdom, knowledge, and understanding can only come from the Word of God (Eph. 1:17).
- For Iowans to engage in the civic arena, because it is our duty and responsibility (Luke 12:48; Ezra 7:25).
- For leaders to lead with the moral compass of the Word of God (Deut. 17:18-20; Psalms 119:105).
- To praise God that we live in a republic where we can participate in selecting godly leaders (Deut. 1:13).
- To praise God for the liberty that we have in this country, and may we NEVER take it for granted (Leviticus 25:10).
- For the leader Iowans choose to be one who ministers in the strength of the Lord (1 Peter 4:11).
- That God would raise up an army of prayer warriors who are willing to persevere in prayer and wage war on their knees. We pray that the body of believers will set their eyes on the goal of being a “house of prayer for all nations” (Isaiah 56:7)
Editor & Founder at Caffeinated Thoughts
Shane Vander Hart is the founder and editor-in-chief of Caffeinated Thoughts. He is also the President of 4:15 Communications, LLC, a social media & communications consulting/management firm. Prior to this Shane spent 20 years in youth ministry serving in church, parachurch, and school settings. He has also served as an interim pastor and is a sought-after speaker and pulpit fill-in. Shane has been married to his wife Cheryl since 1993 and they have three kids. Shane and his family reside near Des Moines, IA.
Latest posts by Shane Vander Hart (see all)
- (Video) Tim Scott at Iowa GOP Lincoln-Reagan Dinner - July 21, 2018
- Is Iowa’s Investment in Pre-K Education Worthwhile? - July 20, 2018
- Chaz Allen Decides Not to Run for Re-Election to Iowa Senate - July 20, 2018