Donald Trump lost to Ted Cruz in the Wisconsin Primary badly on Tuesday. His campaign Tuesday night released a campaign statement that is truly remarkable. By remarkable I mean insane.
Donald J. Trump withstood the onslaught of the establishment yet again. Lyin’ Ted Cruz had the Governor of Wisconsin, many conservative talk radio show hosts, and the entire party apparatus behind him. Not only was he propelled by the anti-Trump Super PAC’s spending countless millions of dollars on false advertising against Mr. Trump, but he was coordinating `with his own Super PAC’s (which is illegal) who totally control him. Ted Cruz is worse than a puppet— he is a Trojan horse, being used by the party bosses attempting to steal the nomination from Mr. Trump.
We have total confidence that Mr. Trump will go on to win in New York, where he holds a substantial lead in all the polls, and beyond. Mr. Trump is the only candidate who can secure the delegates needed to win the Republican nomination and ultimately defeat Hillary Clinton, or whomever is the Democratic nominee, in order to Make America Great Again.
Four things to note:
- The campaign resorts to name calling, again. When are they going to realize this is backfiring?
- Accuse the party apparatus being behind Ted Cruz when that isn’t the case. The RNC and the Wisconsin Republican Party have been neutral. They are not helping Trump, but they are not helping Cruz either.
- Accuses Ted Cruz of committing a felony (coordinating with a Super PAC, campaigns are not allowed to do that) with NO proof. Another smear, and this is the second time they have done this. The first time was accusing Cruz of being behind the Malania Trump Facebook Ad released by a Anti-Trump Super PAC they are not connected to. Trump’s campaign acknowledged later that Cruz wasn’t behind it.
- Assume the nomination is theirs. Cruz is not “stealing” anything. He won Wisconsin denying Trump those delegates, just as he is fairly denying Trump delegates in North Dakota, Colorado and Wyoming among other places.
This has to be one of the most uncharitable statements after a loss that I’ve seen covering politics. What a sore loser.
Latest posts by Shane Vander Hart (see all)
- A Defense of Christians From an Unlikely Source - December 1, 2016
- Female Draft Provision Removed From National Defense Authorization Act - December 1, 2016
- Trump Taps Chao for Transportation, Mnuchin for Treasury and Ross for Commerce - November 30, 2016