(Des Moines, IA) Iowa Senate Republicans selected State Senator Bill Dix (R-Shell Rock) as the incoming Majority Leader of the Iowa Senate for the 87th General Assembly.
“Thank you to my friends and fellow Republican Senators for their continued trust in my leadership. It is truly a humbling experience to receive their unanimous support for Majority Leader of the Iowa Senate. On Tuesday Iowans voted for big, bold change at both the state and federal levels. My commitment to my colleagues, and to all Iowans, is, I accept this mandate and will move Iowa forward to improve career opportunities, reduce the size and reach of state government and make sure Iowans keep more of their hard earned money.” Dix said in a released statement.
Dix was first elected to the Iowa Senate in 2010. He represents Grundy, Hardin, and portions of Story and Butler Counties. Senator Dix also served 5 terms in the Iowa House from 1996-2006. Dix operates a diversified farm enterprise in Shell Rock with his wife Gerri. They have 3 children.
The Republican leadership team consists of the following Senators:
- Majority Leader, State Senator Bill Dix (R-Shell Rock)
- President of the Senate, State Senator Jack Whitver (R-Ankeny)
- President Pro Tempore of the Senate, State Senator Jerry Behn (R-Boone)
- Majority Whip, State Senator Charles Schneider (R-West Des Moines)
- Assistant Majority Leaders
- State Senator Randy Feenstra (R-Hull)
- State Senator Amy Sinclair (R-Allerton)
- State Senator Mike Breitbach (R-Strawberry Point)
- State Senator Dan Zumbach (R-Ryan)