Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds and Lt. Governor Adam Gregg’s campaign announced the endorsement of several Iowa Republican leaders, as well as, conservative movement leaders. These endorsements add to the organization the campaign has built in a three-way Republican primary that includes Cedar Rapids Mayor Ron Corbett and Boone Mayor Pro Tem Steven Ray.
The campaign has announced they recruited over 1,050 county chairs in all 99 counties and says the number continues to grow each day. The Reynolds-Gregg campaign is co-chaired by US Senators Joni Ernst and Chuck Grassley, Congressman Rod Blum, and Iowa Secretary of Agriculture Bill Northey.
“Growing up in a small town had a big impact on my life. It’s where I learned the values that still guide me today. These leaders share those fundamental values of hard work, love of country, faith, freedom, personal responsibility and have been working to advance them for decades,” Reynolds said.
“I am honored and humbled to have these conservative leaders as a part of the team and I look forward to working with them,” she added.
“I am proud to be a part of this robust grassroots campaign to build a better Iowa. The Governor and I will always stand behind the values that we grew up with, and we sincerely appreciate these conservative leaders uniting behind our message,” Gregg stated.
One of the endorsements came from Robert Cramer. Cramer ran unsuccessfully for Congress in Iowa’s 3rd Congressional District. Cramer, a central Iowa business owner, has also served as a board member for The FAMiLY Leader.
“In the capitol, I saw Governor Reynolds fighting for our issues and it was on a missions’ trip that I got to see her heart. She and Lt. Governor Gregg will never apologize for who they are or what they believe, which is why I am proud to support them today and look forward to helping their campaign in the coming months,” Cramer said.
“Governor Kim Reynolds is a tested conservative who’s never afraid to stand up for what she believes in. Governor Reynolds has stood tall for the unborn, Israel, religious liberty, and a host of other issues important to faith-based voters. As someone who connects regularly with grassroots Republicans, she understands their concerns and fights for those values,” Iowa Republican National Committeeman Steve Scheffler said explaining his endorsement. Scheffler also leads the Iowa Faith & Freedom Coalition.
The list of endorsements includes eight members of the Iowa GOP State Central Committee. State Central Committee members pledged neutrality for the 2016 Iowa Caucus, but that did not extend to the gubernatorial primary.
In addition to Cramer and Scheffler, 19 additional Iowa Republican and conservative movement leaders endorsed the Reynolds-Gregg campaign:
- Chelle Adkins – State Central Committee member (CD 1)
- Brenna Bird – State Central Committee member (CD 3), former Attorney General candidate
- Jenifer Bowen – President, Right Life Action; former executive director of Iowa Right to Life
- Trudy Caviness – Former State Central Committee member (CD 2)
- Judy Davidson – State Central Committee member (CD 2)
- Bill Gustoff – State Central Committee member (CD 3) and homeschooling advocate
- Ron Herrig – Former State Central Committee member (CD 1)
- Stewart Iverson – Former Iowa Senate Majority Leader
- Jarad Klein – Iowa State Representative; State Central Committee member (CD 2)
- Tammy Kobza – President, Eagle Forum of Iowa
- Mark Lundberg – Sioux County Republican activist
- Mariannette Miller-Meeks – former Congressional candidate and Iowa GOP State Central Committee member (CD 2)
- Marlys Popma – Board member for Iowa Right to Life, longtime Iowa Republican activist
- Rod Roberts – former state representative, gubernatorial candidate, and Director of the Iowa Department of Inspections and Appeals
- Kayne Robinson – former president of the National Rifle Association
- Ernie Rudolph – State Central Committee Member (CD 3)
- Matt Schultz – former Iowa Secretary of State, Madison County Attorney
- Joni Scotter – longtime Iowa Republican activist
- Barry Snell – President, Iowa Firearms Coalition
Latest posts by Shane Vander Hart (see all)
- Dr. R.C. Sproul (1939-2017) - December 14, 2017
- There’s No Such Thing as a “Nonstraight Christian” - December 14, 2017
- Politics and Our Christian Witness - December 13, 2017