Today the Reynolds Administration has announced additional staff changes rounding out the new Office of the Governor team.
“I am excited about the team that we have put together to serve the people of Iowa,” Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds said. “They share my view that Iowans should be at the center of our decisions. That’s how we will ensure Iowa continues to be the best place to live, work, and raise a family. “
Below is a list of new staff and their new role:
Paul Trombino III, will serve as the Governor’s Chief Operations Officer (COO). As COO, Paul will provide operational management and leadership of state government agencies to ensure they are functioning effectively and efficiently. Paul is currently the President of McClure Co., Clive, Iowa, a professional services company in the areas of civil engineering, planning, and creative placemaking; McClure has offices in Iowa, Missouri, and Kansas. Paul has degrees in civil engineering and economics. Paul will begin his role as COO on January 7, 2019.
Pat Garrett will serve as Communications Director. He held a similar role on Governor Reynolds’ campaign. Prior to he served as a press secretary for U.S. Senator Dean Heller (R-NV).
Nate Ristow will serve as Policy Advisor focusing on public safety issues. He served in a variety of roles for Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker, including Assistant Legal Counsel to the Governor, Legislative Advisor for the Wisconsin Department of Revenue, and Division Administrator for Legal Services and Compliance.
Nick Boeyink will serve as Director of Boards and Commissions.
Taylor Collins will serve as Policy Advisor and Assistant to Lt. Governor Gregg.
Lydia Hall will serve as Communications Assistant.
Kassidy Krause will serve as Intern Director and Assistant to the Chief of Staff.
Katherine Shaheen serve as Executive Assistant to Governor Reynolds.
Current Reynolds Staff:
- Sara Craig Gongol, Chief of Staff
- Paige Thorson, Deputy Chief of Staff and Policy Advisor on healthcare related issues
- Sam Langholz, Chief Counsel
- Kayla Lyon, Legislative Liaison
- Catherine Huggins, Chief Advisor to the Governor
- Linda Fandel, Special Education Advisor
- Logan Shine, Policy Advisor on economic development issues
- Stephanie Groen, Federal Liaison based out of Washington D.C.
- Meaghan O’Brien, Policy Advisor and Researcher
- Michael Boal, Deputy Legal Counsel
- Kirby Connell, Scheduler for Governor Reynolds and Lt. Governor Gregg
- Megan Hall, Constituent Service Liaison
- Damian Thompson, Constituent Service Liaison