DES MOINES, Iowa – The Economic Recovery Advisory Board that Gov. Kim Reynolds announced two weeks ago met for the second time on Thursday afternoon using Zoom.
The board’s purpose is to discuss the state’s economic growth post-COVID-19 and provide policy ideas for the governor before the next legislative session.
Ben McLean, CEO of Ruan Transportation Management Systems, is the board chair and led the meeting that lasted over two hours.
The advisory board members are:
- Ben McLean, CEO of Ruan Transportation Management Systems (Advisory Board Chairman)
- Nick Bodesh, President & CEO of Elite Octane
- Mary Andringa, Chair of the Board of Vermeer
- Randy Edeker, CEO of Hy-Vee
- Rosalind Fox, Factory Manager at John Deere
- Dr. Suresh Gunasekaran, CEO of UHIC
- Dan Houston, Chairman, President & CEO of Principal Financial Group
- AJ Loss, CEO of Bush Construction
- Megan Mckay, President of Peace Tree Brewing Company
- Emily Schmit, General Counsel of Sukup Manufacturing Co.
- Barbara Sloniker, Executive Vice President at the Siouxland Chamber
- Adam Wright, President & CEO of MidAmerican Energy Company
- Diane Young, Director of Technical Services/Owner at Foundation Analytical Lab
The board heard from different workgroups that include:
Agriculture — Mike Naig, Iowa Secretary of Agriculture and Land Stewardship, with co-chairs Nick Bowdish and Diane Young
Connectivity — Annette Dunn, Chief Information Officer, Iowa Office of the Chief Information Officer, with chair Dan Houston
Economic Growth — Debi Durham, Director of the Iowa Economic Development Authority and Iowa Finance Authority, with co-chairs Adam Wright and Megan McKay
Education — Dr. Ann Lebo, Director of the Iowa Department of Education, with chair Rosalind Fox
Government — Kraig Paulsen, Director of the Iowa Department of Revenue, with co-chairs Barbara Sloniker and Emily Schmitt
Public Health and Health Care — Kelly Garcia, Director of the Iowa Department of Human Services and Interim Director of the Iowa Department of Public Health, with co-chairs Randy Edeker and Suresh Gunasekaran
Workforce — Beth Townsend, Director of Iowa Workforce Development, with co-chairs Mary Andringa and AJ Loss
Their remaining meetings are:
- Friday, July 24, 2020 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Thursday, August 13, 2020 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Thursday, September 3, 2020 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Thursday, September 17, 2020 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 6, 2020 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
Listen to a recording of the meeting below:
See the agenda below: