If we had a free press…here are the questions The Washington Post and others would be asking Joe Biden.
The Democratic Party is turning radical at a dizzying speed. Every reasonable person understands that Biden would be influenced to move in the direction desired by this vocal and powerful element of the party.
A genuine free press would be pressing Biden to at least hear him say where he stands on these issues.
Here are 10.
- Do you intend to defund and dismantle the police?
- Will you repeal all federal restrictions on abortion, including requiring federal funding of abortion?
- Do you support the repeal of the Religious Freedom Restoration Act that protected Hobby Lobby when it wished to avoid funding abortion in its health plan?
- Will you support the NEA’s call to revoke the tax exempt status of any group that the left accuses of advancing hate?
- Do you believe that judges should support freedom of speech for all or do you agree with Georgetown Law Professor Michael Seidman that free speech is undesirable because it protects interests other than progressives?
- What is your view of the ideal amount of socialism in our country?
- Will you repeal the religious freedom advice that the current Attorney General gave to states insisting that they protect the freedom of houses of worship during COVID?
- How much should the rich be taxed? Define the rich.
- Will you reinstate funding for foreign aid which sought to give money for promotion of abortion as an element of COVID relief?
- Some in your party have called for the elimination of all rent because housing is a right. Do you agree? What will happen to the property owners?
Don’t hold your breath. The press knows such questions are perfectly fair but they do not fit their narrative.
Every Democratic candidate should be asked these questions and more like them at every town hall.
Voters will be misled if both sides are not asked hard questions.