Did you know Iowa’s largest abortion chain, Planned Parenthood, has targeted several of our strong pro-life leaders in the Iowa Legislature?
Let’s break it down.
First, they are supporting candidates against Life Right Action endorsed incumbents (who are in bold):
In the Iowa Senate:
- Dan Dawson, District 8 vs. Steve Gorman
- Brad Zaun, District 20 vs. Rhonda Martin
- Mark Lofgren, District 46 vs. Chris Brase
In the Iowa House:
- Gary Worthan, District 11 vs. Sara Huddleston
- Jon Jacobsen, District 22 vs. Shawna Anderson
- Dave Deyoe, District 49 vs. Seldon Spencer
- Bobby Kaufmann, District 73 vs. Lonny Pulkrabek
- Norlin Mommsen, District 97 vs. Ryan Zeskey
In addition, Planned Parenthood is making a play for several open statehouse seats. Their candidates are listed first below. Life Right Action endorsed candidates are in bold.
For the Iowa Senate:
- Sarah Trone Garriott, District 22 vs. Scott Cirksena
- Eric Giddens, District 30 vs. Harold Youngblut
- Ivy Schuster, District 38 vs. Dawn Driscoll
For the Iowa House:
- Charlie McConkey, District 15 vs. Sarah Abdouch
- Jane Podgorniak, District 51 vs. Jane Bloomingdale
- Karen Koening, District 54 vs. Shannon Latham
- Dave Williams, District 60 vs. Ryan Howard
- Eric Gjerde, District 67 vs. Sally Ann Abbott
- Sue Cahill, District 71 vs. Tony Reed
- Christian Andrews, District 95 vs. Christian Andrews
This is not an exhaustive list of candidates Planned Parenthood supports for the Statehouse. For example, several of their endorsed 2018 candidates won, and are running again. A few of these are Heather Matson, Karin Deery, Kristen Sunde, and Jennifer Konfrst.
Why share this with you? It’s important that you know what the abortion giant is up to in Iowa. And, it’s imperative that you know before you vote.