State Senator Matt McCoy (D-Des Moines) found opportunity to mock State Senator Jake Chapman’s (R-Adel) faith during debate over legalizing fireworks.
Democrats may be planning for an October surprise to spring on Mitt Romney which could include a story about him trying to talk a woman out of an abortion.
The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association removed Mormonism from its website’s list of cults. Should evangelicals be concerned or should they follow suit?
I need to start out with a bit of a disclaimer: I did not watch a single minute of the RNC. If that disqualifies me from commenting on the following video, then so be it. No, I am not a Democrat; I’m a registered Republican. However much there may be that I stand opposed to […]
Mormonism is in the news like never before. The third biggest talker in the Land, Glenn Beck is a Mormon. The presumed GOP nominee for president, Mitt Romney is a Mormon. One of his potential running mates, Marco Rubio, used to be a Mormon, before converting to Catholicism. Many Christians through the years have designated […]
As I promised last week no political links in this week’s Twenty Items of Interest. 1. Sharon Lindbloom sparked a discussion on The Book of Mormon – Is it true or false? 2. Dr. Michael Horton, professor of apologetics at Westminster Seminary California on Christless Christianity: HT: The A-Team Blog 3. Russell D. Moore of […]
1. Jeffrey Ressner of Politico interviews Dennis Miller. Money Quote: I view terrorists as really aggressive hecklers that we occasionally have to shut up. 2. Should being internet savvy be a qualification to be President? I can’t believe some people are even discussing this. Like the President is going to have time to surf the […]
1. Just incase you haven’t had enough already… another political ad asking questions about Senator Barack Obama. HT: Nuke 2. Because I didn’t do any political items in the last edition of Twenty Items of Interest. I present to you… the many faces of Hillary Clinton. HT: Kevin Stilley I hope you enjoyed this picture […]
1. John H. Walton, Professor of Old Testament at Wheaton College & Graduate School, lectures on “Genesis and Cosmology” (click his picture to get to his lecture and power point presentation). It expanded my view of Genesis 1 and its context. He contends that Genesis 1 doesn’t address the time span for matter or structures […]
1. Here’s to you Mr. Seeker-Sensitive Mega Church Pastor Guy! I’m not against mega churches, but I thought this was hilarious. httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb9DF16Fx8k HT: C. Michael Patton 2. Planned Parenthood and other supporters of “comprehensive sex education” are now using the latest CDC study that shows that 26% of high school-aged girls have a sexually transmitted […]
1. More problems with the Episcopal Church – a leading Episcopal conservative is urging the denomination to halt the process of disciplining Bishop Robert Duncan of Pittsburgh because of his movement toward disaffiliation. “In brief, I would urge TEC (The Episcopal Church) and other Anglican bishops to pray for and take action so that this […]
From Amy Hall of Stand to Reason: Mormons often argue that because they live good lives, they pass the test given by Jesus in Matthew 7:15-23 to determine whether or not a person is following a true prophet of God: “A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit. […]
To continue on with a recent conversation on the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Bryce commented, “As Krister Stendahl, a prominent Lutheran, has pointed out, the best way to learn what another faith believes is to ask them directly, not their critics or enemies. You can learn more about the LDS Church by […]
Fox News asked 21 questions about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and gave LDS officials a chance to answer. You can read the article here. I found it somewhat vague at times. The thing with LDS compared evangelical Christianity is that we use the same terms, but those terms mean different things […]
This video is getting major attention on YouTube. It has been viewed 629,257 times already. It has been commented on 28,009 times. Favorited 5,315 times. I’m not sure how accurate it is since I can’t say I’ve studied Mormonism in depth. Their There (nice grasp of the English language, Shane) are parts that are definitely […]
Governor Mitt Romney gave a much anticipated speech on faith today. You can read the text of the speech here. Michelle Malkin also has the video of the speech embedded on her blog if you would like to watch it in its entirety. Some excerpts: “There are some who may feel that religion is not […]