I had the opportunity to have a brief interview with Chuck Heath, Jr. and Chuck Heath, Sr., authors of Our Sarah: Made in Alaska and Sarah Palin’s brother and father. They were in New York City today for the kick off of their media tour as Our Sarah is set to be released tomorrow. I reviewed the book a few days ago and it was an enjoyable read. I also enjoyed my conversation. We discussed why they decided to write the book, Chuck Jr. being used as bait for a wolverine in his first trapping experience, their favorite campaign moment, thoughts on Governor Sarah Palin’s future in politics, Governor Palin’s work ethic and more. I also asked will the be a second book in their future?
I initially thought I was only going to speak with Chuck, Jr., but his dad was sitting next to him and answered a couple of questions for me as well.
You can listen to the interview above.
Also they may be coming to a location near you for their upcoming book signing tour. Chuck, Jr. said that he hopes to eventually make it out to Iowa. Here are the book signing tour dates and locations as of 9/20/12:
- Rochester, NY -September 29 at 1 pm ET (Barnes & Noble , 3349 Monroe Avenue , Rochester NY 14618)
- The Villages, FL October 1 at Noon ET (Barnes & Noble, 1055 Old Camp Rd., The Villages FL 32162)
- Alpharetta, GA October 2 at Noon ET (Barnes & Noble , Mansell Crossings Shopping Center, Alpharetta GA 30022)
- Trussville, AL October 4 at 7 pm ET (Books A Million, 1624 Gadsden Highway, Trussville AL 35235)
- Dallas, TX October 5 at 7 pm ET (Barnes & Noble , The Shops at Highland Village , Highland Village TX 75077)
- Dayton, OH October 6 at 3 pm ET (Books & Company, 4453 Walnut Street, Dayton OH 45440)
- Coeur D’Alene ID October 8 at 6:30 pm ET (Hastings, 101 Best Avenue, Coeur D’Alene ID 83814)
- Richland, WA October 10 at 6:30 pm ET (Hastings , 1425 George Washington Way , Richland WA 99354)
Chuck, Jr. also said they likely will have an Alaska book signing as well. Expansion of the tour will depend on success of the book.
Category: Book Reviews & Summaries