Kevin DeYoung and Ted Kluck, co-authorrs of Why We’re Not Emergent by Two Guys Who Should Be, recently wrote another book (haven’t read it yet) called Why We Love The Church: In Praise of Institutions and Organized Religion. Steve had posted the following video promoting the book.
I’m not saying that local churches don’t have problems, but here are some reasons why I love the church:
- Jesus loves His Church.
- It is the Bride of Christ and the Body of Christ.
- It is a place where I can go to be encouraged, edified, taught and serve.
- Somewhere I can utilize my gifts in order to build-up the body.
- Where else can I accomplish the “one another” commands in epistles? (There are 33).
- A place where I can go to hear the sound teaching of the word and participate in the ordinances of the church which Jesus commands us to do.
- A place where I can experience corporate worship.
How about you?