Michael Patton at Reclaiming the Mind’s Parchment and Pen Blog shared the evidence of the resurrection in a couple of posts. I wanted to share the outline, but encourage you to go read the posts in detail.
First he gives internal evidence – which he defines as “evidence coming from within the primary witness documents, the New Testament. He includes in that list:
- Irrelevant Details
- Public Extraordinary Claims
- Lack of Motivation for Fabrication
Then he lists the external evidence defined as, “Collaborative evidence coming from outside the primary witness documents.”
- Preservation of the Documents
- Extra-biblical Attestation
- Survival in a Hostile Environment
Be sure you read both posts. Good stuff!
Update: Also see how the Apostles’ Deaths give evidence to Easter.