There are many things I’m thankful to God for, but let me list a few. I’m thankful…
- For my wife who has made the sacrifice of home educating our kids. It is mostly a joy and delight for her, but there are days where it’s not so much.
- For her encouragement (and editing) of my writing and just generally being a helpmate.
- For kids who are well-behaved (mostly), full of life, respectful, bright and full of joy.
- That I get up each morning.
- That I have a roof over my head and food at the table.
- For the air I breath… remember in God we live and move and have our being, (Acts 17:28).
- For my immediate family and the support they have given me throughout the years.
- For gainful employment.
- For free speech and the freedom of religion.
- For the ability to impact young lives who need a second chance and bring hope to those youth who lack it.
- For my awesome staff & colleagues at Serve Our Youth Network.
- For the opportunity to serve with American Principles Project in the work they are doing in Iowa.
- For the faithful readers of this blog, it just wouldn’t be as fun to write if I wasn’t being read.
- For the new sponsor for Caffeinated Thoughts and Caffeinated Theology (always looking for more by the way).
- For my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who died on a Roman cross paying the penalty for my sins.
- That I’ve been blessed with every spiritual blessing in Christ, (Ephesians 1:3).
- That I’ve been chosen before the foundation of the world that I should be holy and blameless before God, (Ephesians 1:4).
- That I have been predestined for adoption through Jesus, (Ephesians 1:5).
- That I have redemption through Christ’s blood and the forgiveness of my sin, (Ephesians 1:7).
- That He has made known the mystery of His will, (Ephesians 1:9).
- That I have obtained an inheritance in Christ, (Ephesians 1:11).
- That I have been sealed with the Holy Spirit, (Ephesians 1:13).
- That I am a child of God, (John 1:12).
- That while I was yet a sinner, Christ died for me, (Romans 5:8).
- That I am no longer enslaved to sin, (Romans 6:6). Not only that, I am dead to it and alive in Christ, (Romans 6:11). I’m thankful that sin no longer has dominion over me, (Romans 6:14).
- That nothing can separate me from the love of Christ, (Romans 8:39).
- That I have been washed, sanctified and justified, (1 Corinthians 6:11).
And I could go on and on. What are you thankful for?
Editor & Founder at Caffeinated Thoughts
Shane Vander Hart is the founder and editor-in-chief of Caffeinated Thoughts. He is also the President of 4:15 Communications, LLC, a social media & communications consulting/management firm. Prior to this Shane spent 20 years in youth ministry serving in church, parachurch, and school settings. He has also served as an interim pastor and is a sought-after speaker and pulpit fill-in. Shane has been married to his wife Cheryl since 1993 and they have three kids. Shane and his family reside near Des Moines, IA.
Latest posts by Shane Vander Hart (see all)
- The Only Two Metrics That Matter in Iowa’s 4th Congressional District - October 16, 2018
- Republicans Lead Generic Polling in Battleground House Districts - October 15, 2018
- Blum Releases “Drain The Swamp” Ad in Iowa 1st Congressional District Race - October 15, 2018