Below is a description of what TAE is:
Truth in American Education (TAE) is a national, non-partisan group of concerned parents and citizens. We view educational issues from different perspectives; however, we are in agreement, that the promotion and implementation of elements of the Race to the Top (RTTT) policies are misguided and harmful. The Common Core State Standards (CCSS), CCSS assessments, and state longitudinal data systems development along with associated privacy issues are being implemented nationwide with insufficient research-based evidence and insufficient public examination and discourse.
Concerns that Americans have expressed that this network intends to address:
- Operating outside of the system of checks and balances that Americans rely on is dangerous to our freedoms. They are an affront to parents’ rights, the 10th Amendment and our tradition of local control over education.
- The mixing of public, corporate and foundation money without proper accountability is troublesome, as taxpayers contribute a significant portion of education funding.
- A one-size-fits-all set of national standards, curriculum and testing controlled by a few will affect us all.
- Impacts to public school, private school and home school education will be felt, as mandates increase and curriculum choices will diminish.
- Students are not widgets and require individualized learning. More top-down control is not in the best interests of educating individual students.
You can learn more about how you can get involved here.