Looking back at my predictions for last year I actually did get a few right.
- Ron Paul has lead actual offline polls.
- Mitt Romney has had hair out-of-place, but I’m sure this is due to paying thousands to political consultants who said he’d fit in better.
- I think Jonathan Martin of POLITICO actually has cited an occasional named source, and I’ve seen him talking to real people while out here in Iowa.
For 2012 I predict:
- President Barack Obama will become unemployed.
- South Carolina will not pick the New Hampshire Primary winner wiping that smug smile off of Jon Huntsman’s face (not that he’ll be the New Hampshire primary winner).
- Chris Matthews leg will permanently stop tingling after President Obama loses, seeks medical attention.
- President Obama will take at least two more vacations; the poor guy he works so hard!
- Gronstalling will continue in the Iowa Senate.
- Iowa Governor Terry Branstad will shave off his mustache grieving Branstache fans everywhere.
- The Des Moines Register will endorse Barack Obama for President (I know this one is hard to believe).
- Ron Paul will start editing his newsletters.
- The sweater vest will become the new fashion statement placing both Rick Santorum and Tim Albrecht on the cover of GQ.
- Michele Bachmann will be punctual for her own events.
Bonus: 2012 will not bring the end of the world.
Latest posts by Shane Vander Hart (see all)
- Bob Vander Plaats: Focus on Cultural Transformation, Not Politics (Video) - November 20, 2017
- Five Principles That Iowa Legislators Should Consider for Sound Tax Policy - November 17, 2017
- The Iowa Senate GOP Needs HR Help and Transparency - November 15, 2017