(Des Moines, IA) Up and coming author Chelsen Vicari joins the speaking line-up for the 1st Annual Caffeinated Thoughts Briefing, a public policy and worldview conference for conservative Christians to be held at the Airport Holiday Inn on Saturday, September 20, 2014 from 9:00a-5:00p.
Vicari serves as the Institute of Religion and Democracy’s Evangelical Program Director. She also is the author of a new book entitled Distortion: How the New Christian Left is Twisting the Gospel and Damaging the Faith. Prior to joining the IRD, she worked for Concerned Women for America, the nation’s largest faith-based women’s public policy organization. Her articles have appeared in TheBlaze, The Christian Post, and RealClearReligion. She holds a Bachelor of Science in Political Science and History from Radford University and a Master’s degree in International Politics from Regent University’s Robertson School of Government.
“I am excited to have Chelsen join our speaking line-up. She is an instrumental voice warning parents about the influence that the evangelical left has on students entering college campus ministries,” Shane Vander Hart, founder and editor of CaffeinatedThoughts.com and co-host of Caffeinated Thoughts Radio said. “Vicari has added credibility having first succumb to its influence while in college, and then having her eyes opened to distortion of the Gospel this movement represents.”
She will be joined by the following confirmed speakers:
- Dr. E. Calvin Biesner – Cornwall Alliance for Biblical Stewardship
- Dr. Sam Clovis – former radio talk show host & U.S. Senate candidate, candidate for Iowa State Treasurer
- Shane Vander Hart – Founder & editor of CaffeinatedThoughts.com, co-host of Caffeinated Thoughts Radio
- Jan Mickelson – Host of Mickelson in the Morning on WHO Radio 1040 AM
- Steve Lonegan – former New Jersey Governor and U.S. Senate candidate
- State Senator Jack Whitver (R-Ankeny) – Republican Senate Whip, former Iowa State Football standout
- Dr. Bob Stouffer – Superintendent, Oskaloosa Christian Schools
- Eric Goranson – Iowa Association of Christian Schools
- Jenifer Bowen – Iowa Right to Life
- Brian Myers – Senior contributor – CaffeinatedThoughts.com & Co-Host of Caffeinated Thoughts Radio
Read the speaker bios here.
Other Invited Speakers include:
- Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin
- Texas Governor Rick Perry
- U.S. Senator Rand Paul (R-KY)
- State Senator Joni Ernst – Republican candidate for Iowa’s U.S. Senate Seat
- David Young – Republican candidate for Iowa’s 3rd Congressional District
American Principles Project, M&A Moving and Hauling, Providence Industrial Electronics Repair, Nurse Force, American Pride Roasters, and the Institute of Religion and Democracy are partnering with Caffeinated Thoughts to sponsor this event.
Registration is open online here.