(Des Moines, IA) Michael Farris will speak at the 1st Annual Caffeinated Thoughts Briefing, a public policy and worldview conference for conservative Christians to be held at the Airport Holiday Inn on Saturday, September 20, 2014 from 9:00a-5:00p.
Michael Farris is the Chancellor of Patrick Henry College and Chairman of the Home School Legal Defense Association. He was the founding president of each organization. During his career as a constitutional appellate litigator, he has served as lead counsel in the United States Supreme Court, eight federal circuit courts, and the appellate courts of thirteen states. Farris has been a leader on Capitol Hill for over thirty years and is widely respected for his leadership in the defense of homeschooling, religious freedom, and the preservation of American sovereignty. A prolific author, Farris has written over a dozen books, including three novels, a constitutional law textbook, and works on marriage, parenting, homeschooling, political advocacy, and religious liberty. His daily radio program, Home School Heartbeat, airs on several hundred stations nationwide.
Farris has been recognized with numerous awards, including the Salvatori Prize for American Citizenship by the Heritage Foundation and as one of the “Top 100 Faces in Education for the 20th Century” by Education Week magazine. Farris received his B.A. in Political Science from Western Washington University. He later went on to earn his J.D. from Gonzaga University School of Law, and his LL.M. in Public International Law, from the University of London. Mike, and his wife Vickie, have ten children and 17 grandchildren.
I am thrilled to have Michael Farris join our speaking line-up. He is a pioneer in the homeschooling movement, and has been a leading voice for parental rights,” Shane Vander Hart, founder and editor of CaffeinatedThoughts.com and co-host of Caffeinated Thoughts Radio said. “He has been a champion for individual and religious liberty and those attending our Briefing will benefit from his wisdom and experience.”
Farris will be joined by the following speakers:
- Dr. E. Calvin Biesner – Cornwall Alliance for Biblical Stewardship
- Dr. Sam Clovis – former radio talk show host & U.S. Senate candidate, candidate for Iowa State Treasurer
- Shane Vander Hart – Founder & editor of CaffeinatedThoughts.com, co-host of Caffeinated Thoughts Radio
- Jan Mickelson – Host of Mickelson in the Morning on WHO Radio 1040 AM
- Steve Lonegan – former New Jersey Governor and U.S. Senate candidate
- Chelsen Vicari – author of Distortion: How the New Christian Left is Twisting the Gospel and Damaging the Faith
- State Senator Jack Whitver (R-Ankeny) – Republican Senate Whip, former Iowa State Football standout
- Dr. Bob Stouffer – Superintendent, Oskaloosa Christian Schools
- Eric Goranson – Iowa Association of Christian Schools
- Jenifer Bowen – Iowa Right to Life
- Dr. James Wanliss – Associate Professor of Physics, Presbyterian College
- Brian Myers – Senior contributor – CaffeinatedThoughts.com & Co-Host of Caffeinated Thoughts Radio
You can read detailed speaker bios here.
American Principles Project, M&A Moving and Hauling, Providence Industrial Electronics Repair, Nurse Force, American Pride Roasters, and the Institute of Religion and Democracy are partnering with Caffeinated Thoughts to sponsor this event.
Registration is open online here.