Live Action released a new video that I highly encourage you to take the four minutes to watch. They debunk the claim made by Planned Parenthood and abortion advocates that abortion is just 3% of what the abortion giant and that their priority is women’s health care.
“To justify its half billion dollars in taxpayer funding, Planned Parenthood downplays abortion — falsely claiming that it only makes up three percent of its business — and instead plays up its cancer screenings and so-called ‘women’s health care.’ However, Planned Parenthood’s own numbers prove it’s an abortion corporation, focused on abortion, not on women’s health care. Planned Parenthood doesn’t perform a single mammogram, and it performs less than two percent of all women’s cancer screenings in the United States, yet it commits over 30 percent of America’s abortions,” said Lila Rose, president and founder of Live Action.
Planned Parenthood is the single largest abortion chain in America, committing 887 abortions a day and over 320,000 abortions last year alone.
“Planned Parenthood is spending the most it ever has — and double what it spent in 2012 — to influence this year’s election. Citizens have a right to know the truth behind an organization that has their politicians’ ears,” said Rose. “We are giving activists a powerful new tool to counter one of Planned Parenthood’s biggest lies, and we have the platforms in place to ensure this video is seen by tens of millions of people.”
Rose continued, “The ‘3% Abortion Myth’ video shows voters how Planned Parenthood calculates its absurd three percent number to deliberately mislead the public and downplay its abortion business. Even the Washington Post and Slate.com have called out the abortion chain for its deception. Three percent is not a real number, but over 320,000 abortions a year and a 30 percent market share of all U.S. abortions are.
“Planned Parenthood is so focused on abortion that it aborts 160 children for every one child it refers out for adoption. If a woman with an unwanted pregnancy goes to Planned Parenthood, that child is 160 times more likely to be poisoned or dismembered than to be put up for adoption to a waiting family.”
Planned Parenthood by the numbers:
- Planned Parenthood’s U.S. market share for Pap tests is 0.97%. It performed 271,539 tests in fiscal year 2014-15, out of 28.1 million tests nationwide (source)
- Planned Parenthood’s U.S. market share for clinical breast exams is 1.8%. It performed 363,803 exams in fiscal year 2014-15, out of 20 million exams nationwide. (Note: These are physical exams, not mammograms. Planned Parenthood does not perform mammograms.)(source)
- Planned Parenthood’s U.S. market share for abortions is 30.6%. It committed 323,999 abortions in fiscal year 2014-15, out of approximately 1.06 million abortions nationwide. (source)
- Planned Parenthood aborts 160 children for every one child it refers out for adoption. (source)
Latest posts by Shane Vander Hart (see all)
- Same-Sex Attracted Pastor Gives Profound Defense of Biblical Sexual Ethics - February 21, 2017
- Featured Sermon: The Transforming Power of the Gospel by R.C. Sproul - February 19, 2017
- Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad Signs Collective Bargaining Reform Into Law - February 17, 2017